Author Topic: Kent Kassler's Korner....  (Read 21451 times)

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+58)
Kent Kassler's Korner....
« on: August 19, 2012, 07:28:12 PM »
Having recently qualified with a degree in psychology from Harrington University,and seeing my beloved public suffering from the ailments of a tough economy not to mention a slightly stagnant forum,I thought I would start a little column offering advice on life matters,audio neurosis,depression,anxiety,new purchases advice etc,pretty much anything really....just think of me as a South African Oprah minus the incest and wealth....for this to work I can respond to questions via pm if your anonymity is important to you or those who are straight can just post right here and I will answer all questions as best and honestly as I can....no matter how small(death in the family,infidelity etc) or large(5yr old constantly walking past speaker destroying soundstage or wife forgetting to put your feelings and needs ahead of hers etc)...please share with me and our forum brothers and Judy and I will guarantee you'll feel better....now fire away.
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Captain Ahab

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
Re: Kent Kassler's Korner....
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 07:58:49 PM »
Julius Malema stole my girlfriend. This morning i caught a glimpse of her at Jelly Tsotsi's side in a clip of him addressing the Lonmin hill folk. Now all I can think of is the two of them whooshing around in his CLK and... well...I need help with this Kassy..   

Offline u235

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • I'm sure I can hear the difference now.........
    • Youngblood Consultants
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 08:00:10 PM »
Dear Kent

I come from Pretoria and I like neither rugby nor beer. Nor girls for that matter. What I like is BIG CAPACITORS. Am I normal?
Upon the plains bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the dawn of victory paused to rest, and there resting died.

Offline Atjan

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 08:02:14 PM »
Dear Kent,
I think of audio every 7 seconds for about 5 min. Do I need help?
Best regards,
Atjan
It's only hifi people....

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2012, 08:41:18 PM »
Julius Malema stole my girlfriend. This morning i caught a glimpse of her at Jelly Tsotsi's side in a clip of him addressing the Lonmin hill folk. Now all I can think of is the two of them whooshing around in his CLK and... well...I need help with this Kassy..
[/quote
This is a miner incident and you never put a ring on her finger so guess what.....you should have been honest with her from the beginning and pm'd me instead! ;)
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline GearSlave

• Peacekeeper Extraordinaire
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Ohm's Law has no business in Audio
    • Studio B
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 08:52:50 PM »
Dear Mr. Kassler. A few days ago I listened to a friends Sonus Faber Cremonas and I think its ruined my life forever. I now feel inadequate. Please help.
Resistance is not futile; it is voltage divided by current (R=V/I)

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 08:55:12 PM »
Dear Kent

I come from Pretoria and I like neither rugby nor beer. Nor girls for that matter. What I like is BIG CAPACITORS. Am I normal?
Dont blame me,i would not admit that openly nor your preference for Bonaqua and i'm already in a relationship.....And iMark is not the man for you then......yet another one that should have pm'd.

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 09:00:00 PM »
Dear Kent,
I think of audio every 7 seconds for about 5 min. Do I need help?
Best regards,
Atjan
At last someone normal,how refreshing,now go stroke your amp and let me deal with real issues!

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2012, 09:13:22 PM »
Dear Mr. Kassler. A few days ago I listened to a friends Sonus Faber Cremonas and I think its ruined my life forever. I now feel inadequate. Please help.
....but you have a beautiful wife and he has Italian wood to look forward to....suddenly your position is more favourable and  a lot less painful....just like that!

Offline placebo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • How can you have money for beer but not for Beenos
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 10:43:45 AM »
Dear Kent,
Four months ago I requested a fellow forum member to find me a decent 12inch Tonearm for the SP10 he sold me.This he promised to do.The forum members name is Andre.(Mr Find it All)This he has failed to do.Do you think I should report him to SARS Fraud Investigation unit for tax evasion?

I trust you will give me trusted advice,

Klaus Knopf

PS I do have Andres' cell number.
For,when money or oiled hands determine the voting outcome,particularly in a matter of such monumental importance,then no conscience or oath finds expression.

Chief Justice Mogoeng Mogoeng

Offline BWS

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 10:46:48 AM »
Dear Kent,
Four months ago I requested a fellow forum member to find me a decent 12inch Tonearm for the SP10 he sold me.This he promised to do.The forum members name is Andre.(Mr Find it All)This he has failed to do.Do you think I should report him to SARS Fraud Investigation unit for tax evasion?

I trust you will give me trusted advice,

Klaus Knopf

PS I do have Andres' cell number.

:BWAHAHAH: :BWAHAHAH: Classic
In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Offline Ju_dy@RT

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+26)
    • Remedytec
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 11:37:16 AM »
...please share with me and our forum brothers and Judy and I will guarantee you'll feel better....now fire away.

Dear Mr Kassler

I've recently been nominated as a counselor in the trauma centre of a very well known institution for the sonically gifted.  Tell me, do you think I should do this under a pseudonym like "Mamma Kassler" or something more appropriate? If so, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards
The forumite formally known as Ju-dy@RT

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 12:52:03 PM »
So you are making a mockery of my qualifications Herr Knop,sadly my German only extends to the basic words "mein chatz,mein chatz"and I don't recall where I was exposed to this?If I was able to offer you an atp16 minus the physical arm,it was snapped off(someone could make you something truly exotic to complete it)would this act of kindness save me from being exposed to remen?

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 12:53:23 PM »
Apologies..."real men"

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2012, 01:03:12 PM »
Judy hun,it would be an honour and I would be most pleased if you went with Mamma Liscious instead,I don't mean to sound like a chop but us Kassler's are quite protective of our surname having been tortured by the vile Knopf's of this world since the beginning of time.....i don't even own a gas stove,so neurotic am I.Have a splendid day doll.