Revox B750 all mine!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steerpike

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
No section for classic transistor amplifiers?
This arrived in the post today, with its cassette sibling, Thank you Kent K and Wessel.

The B750 is one I've been after for a while - it was my teenage dream, but at R900 it was too expensive. Typical 2x50W Japanese amps were under R300, and amplifiers were not something my parents thought was a worthwhile expenditure!

It's a 'late' Mk1, having the "phono or aux" option on the 4th input, but it still has the 'low' power output. Apparently that can be a blessing, as the Mk2 runs hot.
Also interesting is that it has Siemens capacitors - not the deadly Frakos. Still a few of those nasy yellow Rifas.

Outside its moderately scraped, but that can be re-surfaced. The Nextel has been removed by a previous owner. Happily the face plate has barely any marks.
Interior looks all original, though it has been opened up and reassembled at some stage. Certainly it can not work as is - things like mica washers missing, but nothing looks electrically damaged.

A nice addition it will be!

- - -

Latest posts