Corner Basstraps (Chunk Traps)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Now Playing

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Ok, so I've decided it's time to build and install fibreglass basstraps in all corners of my listening room.  Similar to other builds shown on the forum my intention is to build a triangular framework to house the trap, however, I was thinking of using rigid 1200mm x 600mm high density fibreglass boards cut in half and then diagonally from corner to corner and using that as the filler inside the frame. 

By my calcs that'll result in traps that occupy 600mm on either side and span roughly 850mm across the corner.  My intention is to line the frame in thick plastic followed by dog blanket thus keeping the fibreglass inert.  Aesthetically the traps will then be covered with suitable acoustically transparent material. 

Any acoustic objections/ concerns with this approach, esp I guess the use of plastic to seal the fibreglass panels? Also, any issues making one frame from floor to just short of ceiling or would it be best to make two and have a small gap between trap and floor and between traps?

Latest posts