Author Topic: The Parow Valley Sessions....Golden Lion vs AlleyCat .(Who's urine is stronger)  (Read 23665 times)

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+58)
Yes folks,here it is,the audio "Rumble in Rodney's Jungle",the "B ugger the oxygen free cable and get the contestants some",the "Let it all hang out and it wont go back in without medical assistance".....here for your reading pleasure is a brief description,review,experience,take etc on yesterdays concert in the hills.I drove with Spellcheck Dean out of the ruins of the deep south and we headed out to the pristine hills of Parow where wildlife roam freely,where beautiful woman are simply visitors from other suburbs,where Knight Rider stores his Kit,where racial equality is  of such primary concern that even black cars have a white girlfriend(but the black one is still labelled "Evil" and the white one "Good").....we nervously crept off the N1 and headed in the direction of a palpable scent of milk and honey in the air, passing grazing cattle,Maserati's and beautiful hitchhikers trying to make their way home after a rewarding night out while wives were away on business....Dean and i were bouncing away in his Corsa bakkie with Starsound tweeters,Starsound midbass, JVC blue backlit frontloader with eq and Boyzone blasting away......i thought we were doing the Bellville disguise thing well until we were reminded by a Jopie Adam lookalike at the robots that our elbows should be hanging outside the windows.....epic fail! ....just going to my notes for a minute.....
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:49:14 AM by Kent Kassler. »
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline AlleyCat

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
"Not everything meaningful is measurable, and not everything measurable is meaningful" - Floyd Toole

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
....i counted a fair few B&B's and guesthouses along the way that we in the deep south call "Houses of ill repute" and Rodney is fortunate to be just 2 doors away from one(close enough to indulge but far enough away to feel unrelated),talk about a well thought out retirement home this man really does take planning to levels of success that i am in awe of....Dean and i stopped in at the B&B for a rates list and it appears we would need to cash in our retirement annuities(and add a bit) for such a luxurious "getaway"(and the owner is a lovely lady named Agnetha ;D).....anyway Rodney's driveway is right ahead so off we went......
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 10:07:39 AM by Kent Kassler. »
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Online Crankshaft

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Veteran
Keep it coming Kent, love your style,

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
....Rodney buzzed us in and he and William(Earbud) were standing above a slight incline at the entrance to his palace almost Elton and David like at first appearance(and even second to be honest)....they welcomed Dean and I and for a moment i had this deep fear that i was soon to be starring in some Silicon Valley skinflick(hopefully not snuff),i stalled (while Dean forged eagerly ahead)and reached back into the car for some wine to go with the occasion....4 Cousins(oh the irony!).....Dean skipped up the staircase like some naive choirboy and for some obscure reason i had a vision of Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music......we left the chilly morning air and entered Ratanga Junction nervous but still clothed.....
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:19:44 AM by Kent Kassler. »

Offline deonk2000

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Veteran
Hey, this is better than ben's 'whipping boy'....i'll be ditching my sunday times for kent's sunday morning roundup from now on.....good stuff....the tension....can't wait for the next chapter.

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
....i knew instantly that David had Furnished this place,the impeccable taste,the African curio's gathered from years of being Idi Amin's previous life partner,marble-like floors for easy sliding during oil parties,semi-clad lifesized statues with mushroom shaped heads(i nervously contemplated shooting for the door upon seeing these) but some comfort was restored when an Angelic lady appeared as apparent salvation from nowhere(Rodney's wife?....or had William simply slipped into something more comfortable?I'm really still not sure)...anyway this "angel" ran off to the kitchen and made some coffee and snacks,hands waving in a circular motion and voice in a higher octave than should be permitted for one newly annointed with the religious name of David....
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:46:32 AM by Kent Kassler. »

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
We headed off to "THE DEN" where to my joy and relative surprise not a single high definition video camera was in sight.......could it be that i was wrong and Rodney was in fact an audiophile?Urmmmm nope he is not folks....i'm afraid he uses a Squeezebox and nope once again if you think this term is a nickname for David.....it is not....this is a device that allows songs to be reproduced in the form of noise,the song is "squeezed" and then released from the "box",quite ingenious folks and proof that we are not an intelligent group of sapiens never mind homo....

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
....by now the palace was filling up steadily as fellow audiophiles( men with uncertain orientation ) joined us on a journey to Musical Discovery,a path that will see some preferring my earlier notion of being a snuff victim(less painful i'm told?)....a list of guests to follow with on the couch reviews....but right now i have a business call to take from Rocco....back soon ;)

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROONed for life.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+31)
....but right now i have a business call to take from Rocco....back soon ;)
Rocco Loves Ken ?  :stop:
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline Ampdog

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
.... seems as something finally occurred Parow-side of the Cape - or is this guy just spamming ....
Audio must be the only branch of engineering where lack of basics' knowledge is considered a superior form of wisdom. (Anon)

Offline Captain Ahab

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
Possible title "Orchestral Moments behind the Borewors Curtain" ?

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
kyboar brok :'(

Offline alternativeroute

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • :-)
    • Turntable sales Cape Town
kyboar brok :'(

Ughhhm  :thinking: .... The translation for that is "KEYBOARD BROKEN" due to all the reviewing...   :facepalm:

The past, the present and the future walk into a bar. It was tense.  :nutter:

Offline Atjan

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • AVForums Veteran
Perhaps dean can give him lessons. dean's never been bothered by that! :EGrin:
It's only hifi people....