Author Topic: Live Gigs/Concerts Sticky/Page  (Read 46673 times)

Offline ArtiB

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Member
Re: Live Gigs/Concerts Sticky/Page
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2015, 07:59:51 AM »
To all Jazz lovers in Cape Town - we went to Amanda Tiffins new CD release concert last night - really very good and enjoyed it very much.  If you don't know Amanda's music but love Jazz, and are in CT I suggest you try to attend her second concert tomorrow evening.  Very talented and great compositions. 

http://amandatiffin.com

Some great muzo's accompanying her.  Shannon Mowday is no stranger and watch out for her on the bass clarinet - very special......  Drummer from Norway is also brilliant,great touch and very inventive.  Great intimate concert - although will be at a different venue tomorrow. 

I have been "following" Amanda for a few years and always try to catch her concerts, especially her Jazz in the Park charity events at Maynardville every year.

Arthur

Offline Nadfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2016, 09:09:25 PM »
Josh Groban "Stages" tour - has anybody seen him in Joburg or Cape Town ? I'm going tomorrow night with my wife. Hopefully he has one or two side musicians with him on Sax , Piano or Guitar, to keep things real a bit, and not only the orchestra. Not sure about the acoustics of the Grand Arena, as I have not attended live shows there before.

Offline Trompie67

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2016, 06:10:25 AM »
Dan Patlansky lovers last chance to see him in ZA this year before he goes on world tour.

For the launch of his new album Introvertigo:

He's at the Civic in Bloem on 22 April & Then at Barnyard Rivonia on 27 April - which is sold out (18h30 show) but they've opened another show on the same day at 13h00.
*Insert profound or witty phrase here*

Offline ron g

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2016, 03:25:50 PM »

david grier will be performing at mark's park, melville, on 29 november.
tickets are 120 rand, available at the door from 7pm.
david grier is a world renowned bluegrass guitarist. this is a great opportunity to see him play, up close, in a great venue for dirt cheap....

tetris is a great life lesson.
accomplishments disappear. mistakes pile up till it's game over....