Author Topic: Live Gigs/Concerts Sticky/Page  (Read 48964 times)

Offline ArtiB

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Member
Re: Live Gigs/Concerts Sticky/Page
« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2015, 07:59:51 AM »
To all Jazz lovers in Cape Town - we went to Amanda Tiffins new CD release concert last night - really very good and enjoyed it very much.  If you don't know Amanda's music but love Jazz, and are in CT I suggest you try to attend her second concert tomorrow evening.  Very talented and great compositions. 

http://amandatiffin.com

Some great muzo's accompanying her.  Shannon Mowday is no stranger and watch out for her on the bass clarinet - very special......  Drummer from Norway is also brilliant,great touch and very inventive.  Great intimate concert - although will be at a different venue tomorrow. 

I have been "following" Amanda for a few years and always try to catch her concerts, especially her Jazz in the Park charity events at Maynardville every year.

Arthur

Offline Nadfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2016, 09:09:25 PM »
Josh Groban "Stages" tour - has anybody seen him in Joburg or Cape Town ? I'm going tomorrow night with my wife. Hopefully he has one or two side musicians with him on Sax , Piano or Guitar, to keep things real a bit, and not only the orchestra. Not sure about the acoustics of the Grand Arena, as I have not attended live shows there before.

Offline Trompie67

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2016, 06:10:25 AM »
Dan Patlansky lovers last chance to see him in ZA this year before he goes on world tour.

For the launch of his new album Introvertigo:

He's at the Civic in Bloem on 22 April & Then at Barnyard Rivonia on 27 April - which is sold out (18h30 show) but they've opened another show on the same day at 13h00.
*Insert profound or witty phrase here*

Offline ron g

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #63 on: November 03, 2016, 03:25:50 PM »

david grier will be performing at mark's park, melville, on 29 november.
tickets are 120 rand, available at the door from 7pm.
david grier is a world renowned bluegrass guitarist. this is a great opportunity to see him play, up close, in a great venue for dirt cheap....

i hate this snow.
i love this snow.
           - bi-polar bear.

Offline Danny Boy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2017, 11:21:40 AM »
TEXAS Live in SA

Cape Town -      Kirstenbosch Gardens, Cape Town   08 Dec 201718:30   R495
Johannesburg - Emmarentia Dam, Johannesburg      10 Dec 201711:30   R495

https://www.webtickets.co.za/event.aspx?itemid=1472017464&utm_medium=email&sslid=MzSwNLUwMjGyNLSwAAA&sseid=MzQ1MzA0MbIwNQIA&jobid=34dcd921-fee0-4cb2-92b6-ff25f4c1f2e8
HT: Onkyo TX-NR828 | Wharfedale Obsidian 600 | Polk PSW350 | HiSense 60K390 | Zalman HD503 HTPC & Kodi 17.3
Stereo: NAD 3020i | NAD 522 | NAD T515 | Pioneer PL-512 | Technics SB-2170 | RPi 3, PiFi v2 & Moode Audio

Online JonnyP

• Gear Slutē
  • Trade Count: (+29)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2017, 05:52:51 PM »
^^^wonder whether the ainger is as stroppy as she was back in the 80s.  Saw them twice, face like a bulldog licking p*ss off a nettle both times.  Admittedly the first time was at a stadium and there was a fizzy pop rainstorm for all the support acts.   Second time was in the toilet venue at our SU (complete with burglar guards on the bar!)
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Offline FranZAR

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2017, 07:45:22 PM »
Rather be thought a fool than open your mouth and prove it.

Offline Nadfan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #67 on: July 03, 2017, 12:56:37 PM »
Andrew Young current tour in SA. Has anyone seen him perform lately? Will probably be a mix of a few genres.  I'll be going on Saturday night .

Offline Shonver

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Criss-cross rhythms that explode with happiness
    • Elipse (under construction)
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2017, 01:55:35 PM »
The Whitney Houston Show. Well worth checking out. Belinda Davids really does justice to this legend.

http://www.artscape.co.za/show/the-greatest-love-of-all/1428/

DON'T PANIC
Capie

Online JonnyP

• Gear Slutē
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2017, 07:43:34 PM »
Cat Stevens aka Yusuf Islam is touring in November.  As I grew up with his music and am secretly a hippy, I'm there.  Tickets from Thursday at Computicket.

It'll be interesting, hippy stuff and righteous Islamic dudes at the same place!
Are you waiting for loneliness to paralyse? Are you waiting for sister midnight to anaesthetise?

Online JonnyP

• Gear Slutē
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2017, 11:04:17 PM »
For the older rockers - Radio Rats are on tour starting off next week.  Durban is a set at Khaya Records on Thursday 11th.  R30 in and if they are ready, a limited edition single available.  Their new CD is also available.  It's the N3 tour so those not in Durbs can probably find a gig along the way.