Basic advise

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulgodard

Reaction score
Hi all

I am new to this forum.  I am living in Gordon's Bay.  I am a nature/landscape photographer.

My first question to this forum is related to the replacement of my 'very old' stereo amplifier (Sansui A80) which I think has done its time (unless someone can repair it).

1/ It would be nice to hear of an honnest audio technician or repair shop in the Somerset West area to check the old amplifier.

2/ It is time to move on and buy a av receiver.  I only want to spend max 8 KR for the receiver/amplifier, a separate dvd player and a set of 5 decent speakers.  Who can advise me better than shops like HiFiCorp?  Where can I go for good advise even in Cape Town?  Or is there anyone that can tell me what to buy or what not to buy?

My specs are simple :
- best sound quality for my budget - I mainly listen to new age, ballade, alternative, jazz, classic...
- best compatibility for future hdmi (I do not have hd tv yet but intend to have a true hd soon)
- speakers not too big, probably on stand

Latest posts