PS Audio Prelude SC - AC cable

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RR

Recent system changes saw me chopping up some good AC cables in my system to be able to supply power to a set of 'ESKOM worrying' amplifiers. So, I ended up with only one AC cable to supply my CDP with power, a Van Den Hul Mains server shielded cable. Oh, what a dog's dinner of a cable. So I duly acquired an additional AC cable, called the PS Audio Prelude SC. I already have some Preludes courtesy of Mr Ears, and love it. The SC is supposedly even better.

Boy oh boy, what a cable. I 'strompel'ed down the stairs this morning to go switch on the kettle for my early morning caffein boost. Shuffled past the hifi, and the CDP handed me some freshly brewed coffee. Stunning. Just the right temperature and all. All that extra fidelity from just a cable.....

then I woke up and actually went downstairs...... :D :D

OK, jokes aside, it is great what a good AC cable can do. This cable provides pure regenerated 75Hz sine wave to my CDP from a PS Audio P1000 power plant. Results: Even at low listening volumes drums just sound fuller, why, beats me (pun intended), but it does. General perceived noise floor is no different than before (compared to the VdH), but all in all music just sound richer and even closer to the truth than before.

I am not sure exactly what the merits are for good AC cable without some sort of intervention between ESKOM and the AC that supplies the hifi. (Not that I question that it CAN make a difference). But with clean AC it just makes sense to have good AC cables to maintain the signal purity. This cable proved it to me again.