Author Topic: A vote of confidence for Resonant Frequency's service  (Read 6492 times)

Offline Katji

Re: A vote of confidence for Resonant Frequency's service
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2018, 10:41:57 AM »
 :D  That means the workshop looks interesting.

Offline Gerlach

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • Far Far away there was a land that was far away.
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 12:07:20 PM »
Just got a SMS now, sub is fix. That was really fast, and I drop it of yesterday just before 5pm.
Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)

Offline BJ

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2018, 06:43:09 PM »
So time to revive this post. Yesterday I pop in by Riaan at Resonant Frequency to refoam a REL 12" sub for me. Really nice Afrikaans Oomie and we had a lekker chat about cycling after he find out that I'm a avid cycles to. Some nice speakers and subs standing in his repair shop. Will keep posted when I get the sub back and will take some photos of his work shop.

What a lovely gesture....

Rodney had a way to uplift normal people.....not so much the main stream Audio Retailers.....gave me a lot of Sh_t when I opened my shop in Canal Walk.

Back then I though he was a real As___ole. But over the years I realized the golden blessings of this guy into ordinary people's lives.

We truly need more Rodney's in this world...

I met Riaan in early 2000's just after we moved down to CT.

Did business with his brother(Willie) up north for all our speaker repairs, and Riaan seemed to be the logical choice...

Great guy, in a way a bit eccentric.....

We had some negative situations over the years, but hey, that's business.  More importantly was the way we managed the negatives, and turned them into positives.

So much so, that after 18 years of having dealt with him, I would unconditionally run to him for any Speaker repairs in CT

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Shunyata - See No Evil; Hear No Evil

Offline Adagio

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • "Keep your coins, I want Change"
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2018, 07:47:57 PM »
What a lovely gesture....

Rodney had a way to uplift normal people.....not so much the main stream Audio Retailers.....gave me a lot of Sh_t when I opened my shop in Canal Walk.

Back then I though he was a real As___ole. But over the years I realized the golden blessings of this guy into ordinary people's lives.

We truly need more Rodney's in this world...

I met Riaan in early 2000's just after we moved down to CT.

Did business with his brother(Willie) up north for all our speaker repairs, and Riaan seemed to be the logical choice...

Great guy, in a way a bit eccentric.....

We had some negative situations over the years, but hey, that's business.  More importantly was the way we managed the negatives, and turned them into positives.

So much so, that after 18 years of having dealt with him, I would unconditionally run to him for any Speaker repairs in CT

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Very well, said.  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

Riaan is a highly pleasant chap. Two or three times a year will just arrive at his workshop & he is always hugely welcoming and we spend the next 3 - 4 hours talking randomly about cycling anything from tandem modifications and gear ratios to mountain bikes, surfski paddling and his modified Fenn Millenium complete with 'brandy and coke' custom outriggers, gym workouts, monstrous custom over-powered car speaker systems of his youth, sailboards and the like.

Have huge respect for the man, he is definitely unique, and highly knowledgeable no matter what the other's might say.  :cool:

Offline Chingy

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2018, 07:56:01 AM »
Can really agree with all of the above

Riaan did my Tannoys and also the proac center for me, and also a Philips 3inch soft dome midrange ( :drool: :notworthy: ) that's he did in about 3 days turnaround

Someone needs to learn from him, that roof, wow, it's loaded with some speakers  :nutter: :notworthy:

Regards
Craig   
Tannoy, HPD/315/8 dual concentric
95 db 35Hz. to 20 KHz. xover at 1.2 KHz.

Offline Gerlach

• AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2018, 11:10:38 AM »
Can really agree with all of the above

Riaan did my Tannoys and also the proac center for me, and also a Philips 3inch soft dome midrange ( :drool: :notworthy: ) that's he did in about 3 days turnaround

Someone needs to learn from him, that roof, wow, it's loaded with some speakers  :nutter: :notworthy:

Regards
Craig

Craig, you can say that again, that roof is loaded with speakers. Like a massive Bass bin!!  :giggle:

Wanted to go collect the sub yesterday but the roads where crazy with the power out. Will collect tomorrow and take some photos.

Offline Gerlach

• AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2018, 11:13:47 AM »
Very well, said.  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

Riaan is a highly pleasant chap. Two or three times a year will just arrive at his workshop & he is always hugely welcoming and we spend the next 3 - 4 hours talking randomly about cycling anything from tandem modifications and gear ratios to mountain bikes, surfski paddling and his modified Fenn Millenium complete with 'brandy and coke' custom outriggers, gym workouts, monstrous custom over-powered car speaker systems of his youth, sailboards and the like.

Have huge respect for the man, he is definitely unique, and highly knowledgeable no matter what the other's might say.  :cool:

@Adagio You must actually go pop in by him and go check his new bike. He was in a accident with the Marcello, so he got him self a Giant Propel and build all the 8 speed stuff over. 

Offline Adagio

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • "Keep your coins, I want Change"
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2018, 11:27:32 AM »

Have seen the new Giant, Gerlach!  :)

It's meticulous. :2thumbs:

Offline Gerlach

• AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2018, 04:12:08 PM »
So pop in yesterday afternoon and collect the REL sub. Looks really good. He did some extra stuff on the sub to. Now I need to play it in first.