Projects moved out of the "Unfinished hall of shame"

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbyleveldt

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well,

Seeing as we have recently had a spate of projects actually getting finished, I thought it might be a good idea to have a place to put them.

Seeing as I've been the biggest culprit here, I thought I should go first.

Here's my finished 5 channel SKA amp. I've been busy with this for over a year ::)
Picture308.jpg

Not the prettiest amp I've ever made, but it'll do.

Basics:
5 x SKA GB150 amps
500 VA Toroid
60,000uF PSU (I had these caps lying around)
Soft start (trust me, it needed it)
Custom enclosure.

These amps were always intended for my HT setup, not really meant to be the best amps in the world. But if I say I'm truly impressed with them it'll be an understatement. Comparing them to my vanilla LM3886 implementation I must say they there is a substantial improvement. These amps sound a little more forward and it's as if the tops are a little sweeter? (I hate audiophool speak actually, but it's hard to put the experience in words). It almost seems a shame to relinquish them to HT duty... Anyway, they weren't expensive so I might just get some more ;D But to be honest, I've got Rudi's X-Calibre amp and a big "mother" that I'm busy with, so I have enough amps for a while.