Author Topic: West German 60's Braun csv60 valve integrated.  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Kent Kassler

West German 60's Braun csv60 valve integrated.
« on: April 20, 2012, 06:37:44 PM »
This beautiful amp that truly looks superb just needs 4 pl500 valves to sing again,2 of the top caps have snapped off in the holders,can anyone help out with these?I really want to get this baby going ;)Thanks in advance
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline Ampdog

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Straight from the horses mouth real truths
Re: West German 60's Braun csv60 valve integrated.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 05:56:02 AM »
André,

Starting off as a poor student, and having remained in that state ever since, I have occasionally fixed/soldered these back on - depending on how they came off, one can mostly expose enough wire to make a good soldering joint and glue the caps back on. But experience is needed!

Where are you - Oh! I think you are in the Cape .... not near here (Pretoria). Still, if you can get them up here ... Success of the venture will depend on how the caps came off so no guarantee. But since otherwise you will be discarding them ... They are possibly obtainable from Mr Valve (he will curse me if I phone him now) but will be expensive. Let me call him at a more reasonable hour.
Audio must be the only branch of engineering where lack of basics' knowledge is considered a superior form of wisdom. (Anon)

Offline Kent Kassler

Re: West German 60's Braun csv60 valve integrated.
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 08:12:41 AM »
Many thanks Ampdog,if i recall correctly we tried Mr Valve but with no success(i could be wrong though)....thank you for your efforts sir.The amp is at a friends place,i will check and see regarding the topcaps,i just assumed the valves needed replacing perhaps they are salvageable....
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.