Author Topic: AVSA Sub Forum Closing  (Read 7446 times)

Offline GearSlave

• Peacekeeper Extraordinaire
  • Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Ohm's Law has no business in Audio
    • Studio B
AVSA Sub Forum Closing
« on: February 27, 2012, 08:51:33 PM »
No doubt that some of the brighter members of the forum has seen a few new things happening ;D

The AVSA Magazine sub forum will be removed from AV Forums at the end of this month (February 2012). All of the threads in this section will be moved to the General Discussion sub forum, which will be the place where in future any vital announcements concerning the magazine will be posted, such as delays in production, website problems and so forth.

AVSA members will continue to be available on AV Forums to answer any and all queries that members might have, so you will continue to be able to interact with us and share ideas, as been done in the past.

In the coming weeks, we’ll start offering forum members special subscription discounts and giveaways over limited periods of time, so make certain you visit the General Discussion sub forum on a regular basis!
Resistance is not futile; it is voltage divided by current (R=V/I)

Offline PearlJam

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: AVSA Sub Forum Closing
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 08:53:47 PM »
I am clearly not one of the brighter ones! :D

Except if the fact that the Avsa logo is prominent, means they bought AVForums for R2.5m
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:56:31 PM by PearlJam »

Offline The Godfather

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 09:10:37 PM »
You know I got the replacement TV on the weekend and had the rare opportunity of having 2 hours to myself. I watched Star Wars Episode II. Interesting one that. Chancelor Palpatine (dark lord of the sith in hiding) engineers a situation where he is granted emergency powers by the senate. He feigns reluctance of course, but his first act is to create a republic army of clones which he had already ordered many years previous.

I can see it now, Andrew is Darth Sidius (Palpatine), and Gert is Anakin Skywalker being corrupted. We'll soon have all means of perversions strewn across our pages ;D

AVSA members will continue to be available ..... so you will continue to be able to interact with us

Offline Blues

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • when in doubt, knock'em out
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 10:36:52 PM »
We'll soon have all means of perversions strewn across our pages ;D

you mean like a feeler for a death star ?
I had the blues, so bad one time,
It put my face in a permanent frown
Now I'm feelin' so much better,
I could cakewalk into town

Offline The Godfather

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 10:57:33 PM »
you mean like a feeler for a death star ?
;D

Offline GearSlave

• AVForums Veteran
    • Studio B
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 07:37:03 AM »
You know I got the replacement TV on the weekend and had the rare opportunity of having 2 hours to myself. I watched Star Wars Episode II. Interesting one that. Chancelor Palpatine (dark lord of the sith in hiding) engineers a situation where he is granted emergency powers by the senate. He feigns reluctance of course, but his first act is to create a republic army of clones which he had already ordered many years previous.

I can see it now, Andrew is Darth Sidius (Palpatine), and Gert is Anakin Skywalker being corrupted. We'll soon have all means of perversions strewn across our pages ;D

Wow, I bet Andrew didn't see that one coming :o Well, thanks to old Byrd here, our cover is blown. Never again will we be able to sit in dark, smokey, back rooms and plot any more hostile take overs with the ever watchful eye of Byrd around... ;D ;D ;D

Nothing sinister here I'm afraid. AVSA and AVFSA remain completely separate entities (and always will). We were just lucky enough that AVSA were the first suckers to fall for our half baked marketing campain :P Our interest here is not financial per se, but get industry participation which will ultimately benefit all AV Forums members. The growth of the forum dictates an increase in costs and the bill simply cannot be footed by one person alone. And let's not forget all the moaning about hosting pictures on the site again, these things all cost money (unless there's some free hosting service that none of us know about? Like Photobucket ;D)

Aaanyway, exciting things ahead ;)

Offline LAV

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 09:06:45 AM »
We like.  ;D
Vaal Triangle (Southern Gauteng)

Offline Andrew

• FLBP Aficionado
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 09:48:02 AM »
*waves hand* I need my Sponge bob G-String
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:23:33 AM by BigWoodenSpoon »
Don't judge me for being quiet - no one plans a murder aloud.

Offline alternativeroute

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • :-)
    • Turntable sales Cape Town
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 11:12:41 AM »
Wow, I bet Andrew didn't see that one coming :o Well, thanks to old Byrd here, our cover is blown. Never again will we be able to sit in dark, smokey, back rooms and plot any more hostile take overs with the ever watchful eye of Byrd around... ;D ;D ;D

Nothing sinister here I'm afraid. AVSA and AVFSA remain completely separate entities (and always will). We were just lucky enough that AVSA were the first suckers to fall for our half baked marketing campain :P Our interest here is not financial per se, but get industry participation which will ultimately benefit all AV Forums members. The growth of the forum dictates an increase in costs and the bill simply cannot be footed by one person alone. And let's not forget all the moaning about hosting pictures on the site again, these things all cost money (unless there's some free hosting service that none of us know about? Like Photobucket ;D)

Any ideas how much bandwidth the site/forum uses?

The past, the present and the future walk into a bar. It was tense.  :nutter:

Offline Andrew

• FLBP Aficionado
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 03:32:07 PM »
Gert, to save PT you may want to just transfer the active threads across to General - like the listening session thread. If there's an archive facility maybe just dump the rest there? Or maybe place the rest on the last page of General discussion? I'm just concerned that more active, meaningful threads in General may be 'diluted' by old, inactive AVSA threads? But I'll leave it up to you.  :D
Don't judge me for being quiet - no one plans a murder aloud.

Offline BWS

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 03:40:48 PM »
Gert, to save PT you may want to just transfer the active threads across to General - like the listening session thread. If there's an archive facility maybe just dump the rest there? Or maybe place the rest on the last page of General discussion? I'm just concerned that more active, meaningful threads in General may be 'diluted' by old, inactive AVSA threads? But I'll leave it up to you.  :D

I'm such a retard. I need to go find some more pictures of bouncy boobs ;D
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:00:46 PM by Andrew »
In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Offline Steerpike

• Forum Moderator
    • Toybox
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 07:54:55 PM »
I'm such a retard. I need to go find some more pictures of bouncy boobs ;D

^^^ THIS R2 unit has a bad motivator!

Offline GearSlave

• AVForums Veteran
    • Studio B
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 10:17:02 PM »

No problem,

I'll move the lot over. It'll be less effort than trying to figure out what was useful and what not.

Offline BWS

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 07:23:51 AM »
*waves hand* I need my Sponge bob G-String

Sick I tellz ya, SICK
In the word : Scent, is it the S or the C that is silent?

Offline undefined.za

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 02:20:09 PM »
Any ideas how much bandwidth the site/forum uses?

+1