3w valve amp

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver.Audio

AVForums Member
Reaction score
I started this project to learn more about valve amps and because this is a cheap amp to build.
The valves were gifts from friends. the Output transfromer was R123 each form RS ( now R182 excl) and the rest of the components were less than R70 excluding the power transformer. I can't recall what I paid for it but it did not break the bank.
It took some experimenting to get the amp and sounding good but I think I have it know.

I just need t build the second channel and check the power consumption on the PSU. Then I will be ready to test the complete amp.
As soon as I have the final circuit I will post it here if any body is interested in trying their hand at valve amp building.

This is also the perfect little amp for a multimedia (PC) desktop stereo amp. That is what I will be using it for when I am done.

Here is a picture of the prototype. Yes it is crude but it's sill a WIP.
4W%2520valve%2520proto.JPG

Well .. I will keep you updated.
If all goes well with the OPT winding this design will also be used to construct a 25W monoblock version.

PS. Thanks to Hannes for all the help!!

Latest posts