Author Topic: Watch out for con artists!!!  (Read 312143 times)

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROON's an empty promise
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+31)
Re: Watch out for con artists!!!
« Reply #900 on: February 15, 2018, 01:32:18 AM »
Name and shame, too much of this crap goes unchecked.
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline Toxxyc

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #901 on: February 15, 2018, 06:33:16 AM »
I'm no mod, but man if a member did this on my forum to another, sheesh.

Offline AlienLlama

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #902 on: February 15, 2018, 06:53:43 AM »
Name and shame all day long

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #903 on: February 15, 2018, 06:55:28 AM »
Allow him 24 hours to refund you in full, if not, name & shame is the game.

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline skollie

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #904 on: February 15, 2018, 09:13:12 AM »
Hello All

Thank you for your replies. There was a positive email this morning from this person, asking me to confirm my bankdetails and agreeing to a refund immediately. I confirmed and will wait a day or three as he uses a different bank to mine.

Regds

skollie
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx

Offline PAPPA3

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Nakamichi Banana Plugs On Order. Spades in Stock
« Reply #905 on: February 15, 2018, 09:32:26 AM »
Another con man of sorts:

Mussa Edison. 

Bought a TV from my friend.  they agreed to the selling price of R2500.  My friend said he can collect from his home if he brings the cash.  He arrived and told my friend's wife they agreed on R1500.  So she handed over the TV.  He is not answering calls now.  I have pictures of what he looks like.  His numbers are 08321000330 & 0814192225.  My friend is out of pocket to the tune of R1000

Offline Rotten Johnny

• ROON's an empty promise
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+31)
« Reply #906 on: February 15, 2018, 01:50:34 PM »
^^^ naive of your friend.
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline Music_Lover

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #907 on: February 15, 2018, 02:05:21 PM »
^^^ naive of your friend.

That's a euphemism for stupid as hell on many levels. He's lucky it's just money he's lost.
Midrand

Offline PAPPA3

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Nakamichi Banana Plugs On Order. Spades in Stock
« Reply #908 on: March 07, 2018, 01:57:18 PM »
This guy has been trolling my gumtree ads.  Smell him a mile away.  Classic con artist nonsense.  last week it was some nutter doing business from Zimbabwe and wanting to pay in U$ dollars - more like Zim dollars

"Hello am david,am interested in buying your instrument on gumtree,did you still have it available for sell,if ye,please give your reply to my email:davidnicholas367@gmail.com"

Offline dragonmts

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #909 on: March 10, 2018, 10:45:29 AM »
Watch out for Johan Schreuder from Red Revenge in Bellville, Cape Town.

On 21 Nov 2017 I sent my Technics SL-1200 MK2 turntable to Red Revenge for refinishing, replacing pitch fader, do a full service and supply a new cartridge. On messaging Johan on 6 Dec 2017 to check on the progress, he said that it was due to leave on 8 Dec 2017 via Skynet. By 14 Dec I had not heard anything or received a tracking number so I again messaged Johan asking for a tracking number and got no response. He then blocked my number and didn't answer my messages or e-mails.

On 20 December 2017 I e-mailed Johan to say that I was going to open a case of theft against him at the SAPS and within 20 minutes he had replied! He blamed it on Skynet that had kept my table & 2 others in a cage and not delivered them, never had I heard such crap in my life! He then promised to send me a replacement deck until mine was recovered and could be sent to me. Then again a deafening silence from Johan and refusing to answer any correspondence.

On 17 January 2018, I consulted with an attorney who phoned him in my presence and he answered (from a different number that he didn't know). He then told the attorney the same crap story and promised he would sort this out immediately. The attorney also said that everything he said was a total lie. He then e-mailed me to ask what music I liked to listen to and what upgrades I needed for my stereo system as he wanted to send me extras to make-up for the inconvenience. I told him I didn't need anything extra and just wanted a replacement deck of the same make/model & condition or better to which he agreed. He even sent me pics and videos of the deck he said that he was busy doing up for me. Lo & behold a few days later, those same pics were advertised by him on Gumtree selling this deck for R15999.
Once again he no longer responds to me and has blocked my number. His website (redrevenge.co.za) & Facebook page have also mysteriously vanished.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up on this con-artist!
If music be the food of life, play on!

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+26)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #910 on: March 10, 2018, 12:35:50 PM »

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline dragonmts

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #911 on: March 10, 2018, 12:37:50 PM »
Yup one & the same.
If music be the food of life, play on!

Offline Gerlach

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #912 on: March 12, 2018, 12:23:31 PM »
That shop close down actually last year. I was looking for stuff and seen there add on Gumtree. So pop in there to check what they have, came to a shop that's close down with papers stuck in the window. A month later I see there add up and looks like it's been run from home/Durbanville side. Month later again, back to same address in Bellville again. Dragonmts, what i will do is, I will go check if the open again and in the same spot. Will inform you then.

What you can do is, post an add but an add to inform people about this guy and the name and what his attentions is. He sell's other stuff to and think that's how h con's other to.
Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows. (Walter Röhrl)

Offline Jaws

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #913 on: March 12, 2018, 03:37:51 PM »

Damn, making a dump behind the decks.

Offline alternativeroute

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • :-)
    • Turntable sales Cape Town
« Reply #914 on: March 12, 2018, 09:00:35 PM »
That shop close down actually last year. I was looking for stuff and seen there add on Gumtree. So pop in there to check what they have, came to a shop that's close down with papers stuck in the window. A month later I see there add up and looks like it's been run from home/Durbanville side. Month later again, back to same address in Bellville again. Dragonmts, what i will do is, I will go check if the open again and in the same spot. Will inform you then.

What you can do is, post an add but an add to inform people about this guy and the name and what his attentions is. He sell's other stuff to and think that's how h con's other to.

I think Red Revenge has been liquidated. A bloke came to my shop (Turntable Guy) selling SL1200's. He wanted more for them than I could afford so I told him to try Red Revenge. He phoned two weeks later. Red Revenge had not paid him and his tables were impounded by the sheriff (together will everything else at the Red Revenge shop).
I never heard back from him so I am not sure if he managed to get his tables back from the sheriff.
Apparently as 'compensation' Johan gave him a Marantz CD80 - hardly worth two poor condition SL1200's... I valued the tables at R4000 for the pair... Johan had offered him R7000.00 (for the pair).

The past, the present and the future walk into a bar. It was tense.  :nutter: