Author Topic: Watch out for con artists!!!  (Read 318125 times)

Offline Timber_MG

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
Re: Watch out for con artists!!!
« Reply #885 on: January 25, 2018, 09:46:50 AM »
She starts shouting and carrying on.  This fellow is her soon to be divorced husband and the goods are not his to sell. With that she slams the door shut

Sounds like the opening scene to Requiem for a Dream where these two druggie kids steal their grandmother's TV to pawn for drug money.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+119)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cape Town Hi-Fi Club - get better sound
« Reply #886 on: January 25, 2018, 09:48:32 AM »
There are tankers driving around Cape Town offering water.  One I know about, he lives in Hermanus and showed me a real (?) document from the Overberg Municipality.  But the rest?  One fellow was found sucking the water from Princess Vlei, mosquito larvae and all
Even duct tape can’t fix stupid… but it can muffle the sound

Offline Dubya Jay Dee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #887 on: January 25, 2018, 11:45:58 AM »
BulletGP sounds a lot like Frank from the TV series Shameless (US)  :puke:

His facebook postings seems to confirm this - very dark..

Online Trompie67

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #888 on: January 25, 2018, 12:49:14 PM »
Oh no... It was SO MUCH MORE than that! He may owe people money, but the pinnacle was when MRS BULLETGP made us believe she was collecting electronic and were donated electronic goods and cash for a “cancer charity” which.... well ... did not as far as any mortal could establish, reach any ‘little ones’.
(Disclaimer: the offer is still open for him/her to prove us wrong... and as stated before, I honestly wished she did)

^^
https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,18332.45.html

And then...

https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,39917.0.html

Looked at those threads, which linked to others both on this & other forums, so looked at some of them too.

Made me feel sick to my stomach. How on earth do people go around carrying on like that - and it seems that this behaviour dates back to at least 2010!

Unbelievable that nobody has taught this twatwaffle a lesson yet.
*Insert profound or witty phrase here*

Online fdlsys

• Vinylist
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
« Reply #889 on: January 25, 2018, 01:14:00 PM »
Look at John Nouvens posts on FB - like he owes nothing to anyone. All carefree and jovial - which is exactly how you recognise scum - decent people cannot not sleep peacefully until they pay off their debts and return the favours.
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when you’ve lived a little. Miles Davis

Offline Swindlehurstguy

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • Portapussy
« Reply #890 on: January 25, 2018, 01:22:29 PM »
Mike, if I were mr Nouwens, I would not put my face anywhere, much less would I be jovial about anything...crook!

Offline Ju_dy@RT

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+26)
    • Remedytec
« Reply #891 on: January 25, 2018, 01:57:22 PM »
BulletGP sounds a lot like Frank from the TV series Shameless (US)  :puke:

He is reading this thread... see this post 2 hours ago. Can not be chance...  oh the arrogance!

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Ffrancois.villiers.FEB%2Fposts%2F10155305780307864

Offline wimps

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Junior Member
« Reply #892 on: January 30, 2018, 03:00:45 PM »
I see Francois de Villiers is no more.

It is now Bjorn de Villiers. What is going on with this guy?

Offline GoodEnoughGear

• AVForums Veteran
« Reply #893 on: January 30, 2018, 03:24:13 PM »
I see Francois de Villiers is no more.

It is now Bjorn de Villiers. What is going on with this guy?

He's been Bjorn Again. All straight and narrow.  :BWAHAHAH:
Mobile: LG V30, CA Andromeda
Portable: LH Labs GO2A SE, KEF M500
Home: Soekris DAC1541, Genelec 8030+7050, HD6XX

Offline BobsYourUncle

• Trader
  • Trade Count: (+31)
« Reply #894 on: January 30, 2018, 03:40:14 PM »
He is definitely reading this. Wonder if he is also reading the SAGamer thread... Someone tipped them off about his return and that he has the budget to buy speakers. There, he owes people laptops and cell phones that he never paid for.
Kempton Park, Estrand,GP

Offline zer0

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #895 on: January 30, 2018, 06:56:59 PM »
I've said it before, but I remember when guys on this forum were close to canonizing him as a living saint after I said he was a conman. I took some abuse and my posts were deleted.
Hopefully those who ended up being conned by him and his wife didn't suffer financially. Although I doubt he was smart enough to clean out anybody.

Offline marantz123

• AVForums Veteran
  • I learnt more from The Internet when it was slower
« Reply #896 on: January 30, 2018, 09:49:39 PM »
Dealing on the forum with members who have traded here and have good reviews on their 'trade counts' definitely helps sift the good from the not so good. Sometimes good trades happen and theres no 'trade count' clocked on the buyers profile. Trading with a forum member with trade references feels safe. I remember being paranoid about my 1st purchase here. Personally, I have traded(purchased)  very successfully here 4 times before I learnt about how the trade count works...so sadly didnt get any counts. If you recall dealing with me and it was good...then..please trade-count me...if the mods will allow. Its good for everyone else as well. This forum rocks! :popcorn:

Offline Toxxyc

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #897 on: January 31, 2018, 06:31:49 AM »
Dealing on the forum with members who have traded here and have good reviews on their 'trade counts' definitely helps sift the good from the not so good. Sometimes good trades happen and theres no 'trade count' clocked on the buyers profile. Trading with a forum member with trade references feels safe. I remember being paranoid about my 1st purchase here. Personally, I have traded(purchased)  very successfully here 4 times before I learnt about how the trade count works...so sadly didnt get any counts. If you recall dealing with me and it was good...then..please trade-count me...if the mods will allow. Its good for everyone else as well. This forum rocks! :popcorn:

It also helps to have a good online presence, if you can afford the time.  I've got a single positive trade count on here, but plenty members will send me thousands without a worry, as they know me from elsewhere.  Mr De Villiers made good use of this, albeit the wrong way around...  :D

Offline seeyou

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #898 on: February 07, 2018, 08:30:29 AM »
Another Gumtree scammer, another day. Usual M.O - try to negotiate, offer to buy it for someone else, offer more than the asking price with shipment costs, disappear when told item will only ship after payment clears, or payment in cash.

Went by the name of Charl Van Tonder, using email charlvt1690@gmail.com

In case anyone runs into him in future.

Offline skollie

• R.I.P.
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth.
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #899 on: February 15, 2018, 01:15:30 AM »
Some time last year, I reported that my Sansui AU317MK11 was stolen during a 'crowbar' house robbery while I was in hospital.

Some weeks later, a forum member from Durban wrote me a PM, enclosing a few images of a Sansui AU417, showing the amp's front face and top but no pic of the rear.

After some PM'ed exchanges, we agreed on the price to include packaging (R3.7K) and a courier of his choice.

Shortly after this and after I paid him in full, he informed me three of the amp's plastic sleeved binding posts were broken. After further emailed correspondence and a telephone call, we agreed that he buys 3 binding posts of the closest possible match at no additional cost to me as he didn't disclose this defect upfront. We further agreed in writing that he should put the replacement binding posts (from Mantech or Communica) in the box and that I will fit them myself.

After more correspondence, he then informed me that he did buy binding posts but that they were all metal types - non-matching the originals which I did not accept.

Since I saw the types of binding posts Communica and Mantech sell, I sent him screen grabs of which there were several possibilities acceptable to me.

I paid the seller in full his asking price of R3.7K directly into his FNB account on the 30th January and until now, he communicated with me only once telephonically making many excuses of being 'busy', it's in the box and other b/s.

During this discussion, he then offered me another AU417 which he had in storage and which required 'testing'.

I reluctantly agreed to await his offer of a different AU417 by yesterday which did not happen.

A few minutes after 12PM yesterday, I sent him a request to refund my money in the same period I paid him.

I am thoroughly p!ssed-off about his non-disclosure upfront of his offer's defect and then offering me another similar amplifier, details of which are not forthcoming.

If the Mods see this post, I am willing to disclose the member's name & nick or both. If you rule I'm unreasonable in waiting two weeks after paying in full, you can rule either way publicly.

skollie

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 01:18:41 AM by skollie »
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx