Just Letting : Stay away

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolby

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi,

I've decided to post this to warn any potential landlords from using this company. I've got a letter which I have sent to them tonight. It's purely FYI

I've been renting out my property through Just Letting Northgate since May 2007 and have a further lease until November 2008. I have received the absolute worst & most pathetic service ever ? and will not hesitate to ward potential landlords.

My rent has consistently arrived from mid to end of month (far from the promised 7th of the month) and I sat with an electricity bill that managed to break the R6000.00 level. This electricity bill was eventually settled after me meeting personally with the tenants and sorting it out between both of us. In fact, from this point further I deal directly with the tenant?s electricity accounts as myself or the tenant have no faith in Just Letting management. With regards to rent, I still have not received February 2008 despite following with JL twice a week to see what is happening. It is the night of 29 February and I was promised this rent many times in the past week. This ? according the office ? was a Just Letting error. My own rent is due tomorrow and I cannot pay this.

I refuse to pay almost R1000.00pm in management fee?s considering I do the half the management and the Just Letting half in done incorrectly.

I have placed a few suggestions and would appreciate any further suggestions:

? Refund the past 2 months management fee?s and decrease the current percentage.
? Terminate the Just Letting contract fully and let me manage the tenant
? Transfer to another Just Letting branch which can do management correctly, such as Lonehill.

In addition, I would appreciate a reply to this email (as my previous complaint was ignored) as well as a contact at HO or upper management.

Lastly, please note that this email will be CC?d to various parties.

Regards,