What's Wrong With my Wadia?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JStephens

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
My Wadia DigiMaster X32 DAC has outsmarted me.

This unit is connected via co-ax to a Wadia WT3200 transport.

When the DAC is power on it plays correctly for between 5-7 mins. It then develops a splutter. The bitrate indicator light begins to fade in and out and finally the light and the music disappear. However the unit is still powered. All other selections such as the input selector lights still change and it can be turned into standby.

If the unit is then allowed ten mins disconnected from the mains, it will play correctly for between 5-7 mins again.

More interestingly if this unit is disconnected from the transport and it is turned on to decode, it will indicate the relative bitrate selected as it would connected (this is normal). It then remains on for between 5-7 mins until the splutter begins and the light disappears.

I have her lid off to check for anything obvious, but it is time to get messy. The unit is unmodified and previously untouched.

Please help me save her.

dmx32_1_1.jpg

Bitrate lights are seen on the left. The selector button is to the left of the last of the three lights.

Latest posts