Author Topic: Now playing...  (Read 1609293 times)

Offline Bernard

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Stereo .... what stereo ?
Re: Now playing...
« Reply #14850 on: March 19, 2020, 08:37:15 PM »

Sent from my telephone.

Offline Family_Dog

« Reply #14851 on: March 19, 2020, 08:47:11 PM »
^^ This is a brilliant album!

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline dieOrg

« Reply #14852 on: March 21, 2020, 04:14:20 PM »
https://youtu.be/OorZcOzNcgE

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Online Katji

« Reply #14853 on: March 22, 2020, 10:26:34 PM »

Online Katji

« Reply #14854 on: March 24, 2020, 06:59:42 PM »

Offline JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #14855 on: March 25, 2020, 04:38:44 PM »
Joy Division - Heart and Soul Boxset disc 4 - live tracks.  Currently the Factory gig (Hulme Factory 1979).  Sound quality not great but the band are incredible and even though Unknown Pleasures had just come out, the version of ‘Atrocity Exhibition’ points to how much darker they would get.
When the sun is dying, we'll cross the causeway of no memory.....

Offline JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #14856 on: March 27, 2020, 12:14:13 PM »
F#A# Infinity - Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Seems apt for the first day of lockdown what with the Dead Flag Blues (the car’s on fire, and there’s no driver at the wheel.....’ and of course ‘East Hastings’ which since its use in 28 Days Later has changed from being a cinematic look at the dodgy part of Vancouver (well, I always took it as there, maybe Quebec or Toronto have a similar area) to a cinematic walk through a post-apocalyptic dystopia (aka London most days)
When the sun is dying, we'll cross the causeway of no memory.....

Offline dan duette

« Reply #14857 on: March 27, 2020, 07:14:37 PM »
Found a 'new' JJ Cale album on iTunes called 'Stay Around'.
Apparently he was well known for writing and recording more songs than needed for an album, and the already mixed and mastered songs that did not make it onto his albums was stored away in his safe. These have now been pulled out and released as a new album, seems like it was last year sometime. Typical JJ Cale sound and actually quite enjoyable.

Offline Bernard

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #14858 on: March 27, 2020, 07:45:57 PM »
^^ This is a brilliant album!

-F_D
That it us. Still need to scan the cover though. I got about halfway through the CDs and then found other stuff to do. Then I found a site which had better quality covers tan mine so I started over again. Lol Was called CD Covers if I remember.....but couldn't find them last time I looked.

Sent from my telephone.

Offline Bernard

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #14859 on: March 27, 2020, 07:47:31 PM »

Sent from my telephone.

Offline JoziNic

« Reply #14860 on: March 27, 2020, 08:14:11 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This stereo record cannot be played on old tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. If you are in possession of such equipment please hand it into the nearest police station

Offline Family_Dog

« Reply #14861 on: March 27, 2020, 08:25:01 PM »
That it us. Still need to scan the cover though. I got about halfway through the CDs and then found other stuff to do. Then I found a site which had better quality covers tan mine so I started over again. Lol Was called CD Covers if I remember.....but couldn't find them last time I looked.

Sent from my telephone.

I can help you with the original DVD cover but don't have the album on CD. The DVD is an excellent "Show off my system" choice with "Pretty Woman".   :thumbs:

-F_D

-Eric

Offline Bernard

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #14862 on: March 27, 2020, 08:53:08 PM »
Eric, that will be awesome if you can. Perfectomundo. Lol I'm sitting here playing music while trying to deaden the pain in my hand with some wine. (Don't like pills. ) Decided to do some major trimming of bush around the house today. Was busy sawing an Acacia. Not sure what exactly what happened but it was slow motion. My hand was pushing the saw through the trunk.....then I saw this loooong thorn......just slide into the back of my hand. Effortless. I stared. Then pulled it out and was greeted by a fountain of blood. Managed to stop it and bandage it but starting to feel it now. Not sure if it's trying to beat the wine pain killer. Gonna sleep lekker, for sure.

Sent from my telephone.

Offline Bernard

• AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #14863 on: March 27, 2020, 09:01:22 PM »

Sent from my telephone.

Offline Family_Dog

« Reply #14864 on: March 28, 2020, 01:56:30 PM »
Eric, that will be awesome if you can. Perfectomundo. Lol I'm sitting here playing music while trying to deaden the pain in my hand with some wine. (Don't like pills. ) Decided to do some major trimming of bush around the house today. Was busy sawing an Acacia. Not sure what exactly what happened but it was slow motion. My hand was pushing the saw through the trunk.....then I saw this loooong thorn......just slide into the back of my hand. Effortless. I stared. Then pulled it out and was greeted by a fountain of blood. Managed to stop it and bandage it but starting to feel it now. Not sure if it's trying to beat the wine pain killer. Gonna sleep lekker, for sure.

Sent from my telephone.

Bernard, I have Acacia trees in my yard - I know all about the pain when tramping barefoot on a thorn, stings like hell! Douse it with wine!

I have scanned and sent you the B&W DVD covers, I think you could easily crop them for any artwork you desire.

-F_D

-Eric