It's not all about the amp and speakers

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craigis

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Over the past couple of months I have been building up a stereo system, as I was un happy with the musical capabilities of my HT setup.
My HT consists of a Denon AVR 1912, Sony BDP, Mission MX5 fronts etc, the amp and speakers are by no means high end, but better than entry level.
I auditioned various Boston Acoustics, B&W's, Monitor Audio's, Mission's, both in floor standers and bookshelf versions, but something was always missing.
When I went to Alan aka perfectionist's house to collect my AV stand, he told me to take a seat and listen to his system (virtually the same system and room as mine), all I can say is WOW, a BIG wow!! chalk and cheese, he is experimenting with sound panels in his set up, you cannot believe what this can do to one's system. The sound stage was unbelievable, precision was exceptional and overall detail was amazing!
This "stereo" system is integrated into his HT, and music is played from a mede8er source.
To cut a short story looong,
Before dabling with new speakers, amps etc, try out some sound panels, you will be amazed, I can guarantee you that....period!!
I wish I knew this before spending all my hard earned cash upgrading my HT system, and all the cash I spent on building up a seperate stereo setup in it's own dedicated room......and still not getting the results