Author Topic: SMF 2 issues thread  (Read 10075 times)

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
Re: SMF 2 issues thread
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2012, 07:12:27 AM »
Trying really hard not to come off too harsh here...

FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME USE PHOTOBUCKET! And then link the pic here. Works perfectly. Promise.

Prozac group buy?
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline Winders

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2012, 04:47:26 PM »
I could even load and link my own pics to my own website - but thats not the point.

So sorry thats really not a good solution - as a purveyor of an advertising site you should at least have the facility to upload  the pics for the advert?

I would suggest buying a bigger HD for your server and limiting the size of uploaded photos?
Also clearing out photos of ads that are say over a year would not be a harsh policy.

Hope this helps and thanks

WM

Offline Timber_MG

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2012, 06:41:05 PM »
as a purveyor of an advertising site you should at least have the facility to upload  the pics for the advert?

I would suggest buying a bigger HD for your server and limiting the size of uploaded photos?
Also clearing out photos of ads that are say over a year would not be a harsh policy.

Why do you moan about a free service? This site has no ad banners and the host maintains the site free of charge which is a huge positive contribution to the feel of things around here. Keeping images off site makes it possible to perform maintenance far more easily and image hosting is a piece of cake (or to use your rhetoric, this is 2012, you not able to host images yet?).

Offline Winders

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2012, 08:45:00 PM »
Firstly I am not moaning and this is the Moderation, Feedback, and Suggestions  area?

Secondly the feature used to exist.

I stand by what I suggested and typed - whether they implement or not is up to the hosters - and sure its free.
But if they dont want feedback then close this section.

I must say again I am NOT moaning but of course that would not come across well in type.
Well I have fedback what I feel should be fedback - the rest is up to the hosters.

Naturally many will have their own views but perhaps positive crit is not welcome?

Cheers and Thanks

WM

Offline BWS

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2012, 07:26:33 AM »

So sorry thats really not a good solution - as a purveyor of an advertising site you should at least have the facility to upload  the pics for the advert?

This is NOT and advertising site. It is a community forum, provided free of charge to like minded people with an AV addiction. We provide the classifieds board as a service to the community so that we may purchase and sell to people we know and trust.

Posting a pic from an image hosting site is quick, easy, free and really not a bother and this is the way it will remain on this forum.

Thank you for your observation and comment, it is noted but this topic is now deemed closed.

Next issue please
Whoever originally coined the word 'Lisp' and put an 'S' in it's spelling, is a Douchebag !!

Offline Atom8

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • C8H10N4O2
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2012, 03:04:57 PM »
In Firefox, there is no Favicon in AVforum tabs.
(I had the same thing in Chrome if I recall)

Can you Gurus make a plan ?

Tx,
Gary
Respect your Parents,
they passed school without Google.

Opening a pack of batteries is like feeding a loaf of bread to the pigeons.

Offline kay

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Computer geek
    • My Blog
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2012, 11:29:36 PM »
I was pretty sure that I added one a while back, I'll fix it in the next couple of days :)

Offline Atom8

• AVForums Veteran
  • C8H10N4O2
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2012, 04:09:22 PM »
Thanks Kay, that Favicon helps a lot !!
Respect your Parents,
they passed school without Google.

Opening a pack of batteries is like feeding a loaf of bread to the pigeons.

Offline u235

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • I'm sure I can hear the difference now.........
    • Youngblood Consultants
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2012, 07:22:41 AM »
This is actually a request for advice, not an issue.

there are a number of threads where I have posted, but I am no longer interested in them. They keep popping up in my "New responses" window. How do I get them out? I particularly never again want to see anything to do with cables.

Thanks
Upon the plains bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the dawn of victory paused to rest, and there resting died.

Offline Hi-Phibian

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+37)
  • I really prefer email, see my banner for address..
    • Croak Audio Exploration
SMF 2 issues thread
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2012, 07:35:24 AM »
Unsubscribe to the thread. Via a link in the email notification or on the thread itself afaik.
Proprietor of Croak Audio Exploration.
Fair, not crazy, cash paid for turntables and tonearms from Rega, Linn and Thorens.          http://www.croak.co.za

Offline GearSlave

• Peacekeeper Extraordinaire
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Ohm's Law has no business in Audio
    • Studio B
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2012, 07:38:37 AM »
You go to your profile, then go to Notifications on the right. It'll show you which threads you've been subscribed to. You simply remove the ones you no longer interested in.
Resistance is not futile; it is voltage divided by current (R=V/I)

Offline Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • STEEL & GLASS - Everlasting Beauty!
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2012, 03:05:22 PM »
No one is permitted to unsubscribe from this thread.  :notworthy:

'least, not until the wanted item is obtained! ;)

-F_D

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline u235

• AVForums Veteran
    • Youngblood Consultants
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2012, 05:14:26 PM »
You go to your profile, then go to Notifications on the right. It'll show you which threads you've been subscribed to. You simply remove the ones you no longer interested in.

It's not a notification. It's when I click on "Show new replies to your posts" I want to exclude the threads I'm no longer interested in. It's also not a subscription, threads get shown automatically. I want nothing more on cables, and I see them every time! V Frustrating!
Upon the plains bleach the bones of countless millions, who on the dawn of victory paused to rest, and there resting died.

Offline GearSlave

• Peacekeeper Extraordinaire
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Ohm's Law has no business in Audio
    • Studio B
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2012, 06:43:19 PM »
It's not a notification. It's when I click on "Show new replies to your posts" I want to exclude the threads I'm no longer interested in. It's also not a subscription, threads get shown automatically. I want nothing more on cables, and I see them every time! V Frustrating!

Ah, I see. The only thing we can do here is ban members that use the 'cable' word in any sentence. Dean comes to mind.
Resistance is not futile; it is voltage divided by current (R=V/I)

Offline u235

• AVForums Veteran
    • Youngblood Consultants
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2012, 06:54:36 PM »
If "cables" is used in conjunction with "leather" or "lace" I might make an exception.....