Another Maestro experience

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norval

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yesterday evening I had the opportunity once again to listen to one of Maestro-Audio?s new creations, their prototype Speakers.
The boxes themselves looks very nice indeed, it is just the paint job that isn?t done yet.

But instead of giving a description of my listening experience I should perhaps rather tell another story:
I met the Maestro-audio owners Andre and Nico two years ago at a music listening evening at Nico?s house. A group of us Hi-Fi mad guys does this from time to time. It was just before the first Audio fest held, which I heard about through them. At the time I had two pairs of the old Seas Excell drivers and Excell tweeters lying around at home, and a plan in my head of what I?m going to do with them. Somehow the transmission line concept appealed to me, and also idea of BSC though a 2.5 way design. Putting this together with some good drivers and x-over should give you something really special.

With only two weeks to my availability, I slammed together something which I felt had a lot of potential, but not yet perfect in the sense that I didn?t have too much time to put into the x-over, or even optimising my TL box.

Anyway, Andre, already inspired by the TL concept after listening to Alex Duns speakers, listened to my speakers on a few occations, and I think (hope) that is what convinced him to go for a similar concept. Andre, being a complete perfectionist, have spend many hours optimising his x-over, Transmission Line dimensions and stuffing, as well as perfect phase alignment between all drivers.

The result:
1) I?m feeling very proud to think that I might have something to do with inspiring Andre in this design.  8)
It sounds great...... really great!
2) I'm always trying to do better, and build the ultimate speaker system myself. But now I might just have to accept that its going to be very hard do better than what Andre did in his design, maybe even impossible.  :'(

If you haven?t heard the Maestro range of equipment yet, you?re missing big time. Come onn guys, make a plan  ;D

Latest posts