T.T. project in the making

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Analogos

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Well, being an absolute cartridge nut, I have been wanting to strap one of my favourite groove riders on to a turntable and vinyl set-up that is as S.A. as possible.
Well for this I am at a crossroads.
But I can actually dream and dream is what I did.
I ended up with this project that has now taken nearly more than two years to come to completion.

I bought an old Rega and had Louis add his magic touch to it.
In the meanwhile I started stripping down a Rega RB 300 and rewired it as well as upgraded the bearings.
My good friend Stepan here has been after my Goldmund, he was waiting for an Audiomods arm from oom Schalk.

The arm arrived and with much dealing , wheeling and back and forth humming and aaahing, I now have the Audiomods and Stepan has the Goldmund.

The entire project was also waiting for my Whisper to be completed, as I have the option to run two TT's on said phonostage.

Here are some pics, I will post more images as I go along and eventually with that beautiful Blue Angel strapped on to the end.

IMG_8017 by OddPix1, on Flickr

I have posted this in the other thread, but here it is again, the Whisper gracing the top shelf.
The Avid will be joined by it's Half South African brother  :D

DSC00353 by OddPix1, on Flickr

The cartridge, pure South African, built by some Don  :eek:

DSCN0526.jpg

DSCN0531.jpg

The turntable beautifully crafted by Louis.

009.jpg

Latest posts