Some good movies I watched recently

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanB

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Just thought I would mention a few movies that stood out in a sea of mediocrity lately

Fracture (Anthony Hopkins) very good story that keeps you intruiged about the ending right up till the end.  Slightly weak "hollywood" ending, but still well worth the rental

Stranger Than Fiction, Emma Thompson is great as an author with writers block whose book (in which the main character has to die) is actually being lived by an unfortunate guy who works in the tax office who wakes up one morning hearing Emma's voice in his head as she types his every move!  Dustin Hoffman is great as a proffessor of literature who tries to help the hero find the author before its too late!  Great story, quite funny I thought!

And lastly I love Ridley Scott as a director (he did Alien, Gladiator, Blade Runner, Thelma and Louis) and saw The Deullists on the shelf which was his 1st movie as a director.  This is superb!  The photography is just plain astounding and the action and story very very good.  I actually think its his best movie by far, (not bad for his 1st attempt).  I think I'm going to buy myself a copy (I dont usually buy DVD movies because once you watched a movie once watching it again tends to become boring, unlike music).  

Latest posts