GB interest check on HP amp and USB DAC

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gbyleveldt

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
OK guys, this project has received some revived interest of late (especially from skinny, Mr. Slave Driver ;D).

To paint a little picture of what this is going to end up as:
It'll be a USB DAC based on the PCM2702 with a TPA6120 driving the cans. This amp will have a little switch to select either USB or line in if you have another source. I've done the proto part and tested it with very good results (verified with RMAA), so now comes the fun part, having professional PCB's made. Initially it was only meant as a quick little project for skinny and myself, but to get the best possible performance you have to use a double sided SMD board. Also, the pitch on the SSOP28 DAC chip is very fine so you can't really home brew the boards. It stands to reason that such a board is not cheap in small quantities, so I'm doing a little interest check to see who would be interested in such a little project. Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions? I'm hoping to get a price break where the boards can be done for under R150 each (including tooling charges).

I'm still capturing the schematics and hope to be done this evening. I'll post it here for any possible input / criticism (I'll ignore BAD criticism ;D) a little later for you guys.

Let's try and see if we can have our first AVForums Project?!

Thanks

Gert

Latest posts