The Eagles - Long Road out of Eden

• Thread starter Gliding Dutchman
  • Start date
AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gliding Dutchman

51eQCod+1-L._AA280_.jpg

eagles1.jpg

Well Matured 

Yesterday evening when I arrived back home I got this pleasant surprise sitting on my desk!

The latest offering from The Eagles is fresh and inviting - not just another desperate try from a stale band. The album features 20 brand new tracks, each as exciting as the next without being shaped by modern trends and clich?s.

There isnt a song on this album to match Hotel California but every song in its right is 100% Eagles material. Most songs follow a balad style with a few rock songs here and there - all with a hint of Country like only the Eagles can.

For me the most striking song is "No more walks in the wood". It features goosbump vocal harmonies by the whole band backed by guitar (a la Hell Freezes Over).

Sonically the album doesnt dissapoint! Very well mixed without being bass heavy or mid-shy. Production is top class.

This album is packed with songs that feature lyrics you can explore - certainly not bubblegum pop or grudge rock.

One tiny niggle that I find very odd is that the discs are labbeled wrong way round! Disc 1 is printed with disc 2's graphics and vice versa. Also, not too fond of the cardboard-sleeve packaging - seems like they are trying to emulate the feeling of a vinyl record.

Fan of Hotel California & Hell Freezes Over? Then get your copy of Long Road out of Eden! Eagles at their best, well matured and refined.

Dewald V aka GD

PS - I find that Glen Frey's voice aged a bit worse than the rest of the band. Joe Walsh can play guitar and on this album he rocks!

Latest posts