Tweeter shootout

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timber_MG

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have arranged for a shoot-out of tweeters in Pretoria in about 2-3 weeks time (date still to be finalized)

The comparison will be between a compression driver loaded wave guide, a dome tweeter and a ribbon tweeter all mated to a 4? midrange driver and a still to be decided bass enclosure. The system will be driven fully active and might even turn into a 4-way if I decide to lug my subs along (2 Eton 6,5? Mid-basses it looks like at the moment). There is also a chance that there might either be a Pair of 15? Tannoy Dual Concentrics or some other interesting kit on hand to compare (like maybe a 12? + 1? wave guide prototype and if not the mini-PA to get back at the neighbours)

If there is enough interest, this could be made into a more formal event. At the moment it looks like Hennie, a friend of mine and myself and likely one or two enthusiasts not connected to the forum. So all interested parties in the Pretoria area please stand up, a meet up with fellow enthusiasts can be a laugh. I will get back to the forum if enough people express interest.

The Listening would take place under single or double blind conditions (i.e. speakers hidden behind an acoustically transparent cloth with an uninvolved party switching outputs on the loudspeaker controllers to switch tweeters each with their own optimal settings.

Any thoughts? mail me at audionut zZz tuks ZzZ co ZzZ za.

Martin