What is it with certain 4x4 drivers?!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AVSA Andrew

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
They live in the suburbs, and yet buy these monstrosities so that they or the wife can use it to go shopping in Sandton or Hyde Park. Most 4x4ing they get to do is parking the thing on a pavement.

Then we have the equally strange lot that bring their dogs to the park where I work on the weekend. They could easily park, like everyone else, on the road. But no, they'll search for an opening in the fencing, bring their cars in (even though it's illegal) and park on the INSIDE of the fencing, simply because...Oooo!... they've got an opportunity to do some 'off-road' driving.

Apologies to those of you here who may be the rare responsible 4x4 driver, but some of these guys are realy getting on my t*ts at the moment. Like on Sunday, I'm taking one of my disabled riders (I use horses to give disabled kids physical therapy) for a walk in the park. She suffers from cerebral palsy, and has lost the use of both her legs. This git firstly comes into the park, where he's not supposed to be, drives past us, parks and then lets his dogs loose without leads (also illegal).

So I now have a disabled rider who for obvious reasons cannot ride on her own, and two rottweilers charging the horse. Both latch onto the horse's tail, owner is doing bugger all except watching proceedings, so I hoof the nearest dog in the head to make it let go of the horse's tail before the horse panics, bellow at him that I have a disabled rider, and all he does is say, 'Please don't kick my dogs.'

Eventually I chase them off, and the prat doesn't even bother to apologise! What is WRONG with people these days? Have we honestly become so self obessed that we carry on as if we're the most important person on the planet and can do whatever we like?!   ??? ??? :mad:

*rant finished*

Latest posts