Cold Ray Resonance Control

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

croak

R.I.P. 28 June 2021
Reaction score
cold_ray_s.jpg

Hello

I saw and checked these out at the Munich High End Show and brought back a few. I have now auditioned them under CD, pre amp, phono and amplifiers and am very impressed with the improvements in focus, imaging and dynamics. They are also beautifully made (in Germany) and look stunning.

I sent a set to a client for audition who was so impressed he bought all my samples and has put them under every piece of electronics in his system.

Proper stock has now arrived and I am offering 20% off list price on the first 3 sets sold through the forum on the condition that the buyer writes a short review on his experience with them and posts it on AVF SA.

Ie R1352 for a set of 3 Steel Cold Rays instead of R1690

cold-ray-in-a-box2.jpg

There are two types (Ceramic and Steel) and colours are black or silver.

List prices today 14/07/2011 are:
Set of 3 Steel R1690
Set of 4 Steel R2090

Set of 3 Ceramic R2290
Set of 4 Ceramic R2890

cold_ray_b.jpg

The idea behind Cold Ray is quite different from most other decoupling devices, because it is not in fact a decoupling device, but rather a resonator absorbing "ringing" that otherwise clutters up and interferes with the TRUE sound of your Hi-Fi components, compact, easy to use, and elegant.

The idea of creating such a device came from research and development of a decoupling mechanism. It became apparent that the focus needed to be not just on sound improvement in certain areas, but the impact on overall performance. With the assistance from the University of Aalborg, the Cold Ray design was created.

Cold Ray consists of three separate parts: a base cone, a bearing ball (which comes in either steel or ceramic), and a steel cover bell. The cover bell together with the bearing ball, serve as the resonators, greatly limiting the amount of resonance that can pass through Cold Ray.

One of the most important elements of the Cold Ray design is mechanical stability. Decoupling devices prove to be rather unstable as their weight exposure increases. Cold Ray works in a different way, becoming increasing more stable when bearing a greater weight load. Vertical stability plays an essential role in the performance of this product.

cold_ray_ceramic_ball.jpg

http://www.cold-ray.com/

Latest posts