Headphones for travelling

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enigma_2k4

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am back into my crazy travelling again (30,000 miles in the last 2 weeks.... :( ) and it's not going to be lightening up. I've always used a set of large "over ear" Phillips earphones I got yonks ago when travelling but they are too big and bulky, also, the sound quality is shite!

This leads me to 3 questions:
1. Are the small "in ear" phones comparable to the larger "over ear" phones within my pricepoint?
2. Are they comfortable for long periods of time?
3. I am looking at spending around R1500 tops on some nice travel cans (ie. I want sound cancelling (not 100% necessary with the in-ear phones as they pretty much block out everything) phones as well as phones that can get nice and small and compact, a spring loaded cable winder and carry case thing would be quite cool. Any ideas?

I'm particularly fond of Sennies. And would like something I could pickup from Joburg int this afternoon. In the plane I use my craptop for movies, the on-board entertainment and also my iPod.

Latest posts