Author Topic: Shopping from Shenzhen Audio vs. from Amazon USA.  (Read 372 times)

Offline jlaubza

Shopping from Shenzhen Audio vs. from Amazon USA.
« on: May 13, 2022, 02:53:26 PM »
I've been given advice on this forum to buy a Dac from Shenzhen Audio.

The item in question (Topping E30 Dac) is advertised for the same price by both Shenzhen Audio and from a dealer using Amazon USA as their outlet. Shenzhen says no charge for shipping but 3 to 6 weeks waiting period.

Has anyone bought from Shenzhen Audio? Do they send via SAPO or a courier?

What extra charges can I expect if it actually gets here?

I'm also guessing that with the Covid problems in China at present, this not a good time to deal with a Chinese retailer.

The Amazon dealer quotes $57.11 shipping and import fees and states 1 to 2 months to deliver, which seems like  ploy to get interest on one's payment.

Offline Drifter

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+30)
  • otherside of the Boerewors Gordyn ...
Re: Shopping from Shenzhen Audio vs. from Amazon USA.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 03:03:10 PM »
I've never bought from Shenzen Audio directly but plenty of times from Amazon. Through Amazon there is usually a number of shipping options given at checkout. Since the retailer uses the Amazon storefront they have to comply with Amazon's shipping requirements. One to two months for an item that is in stock is not acceptable. If it is priority shipping, you should have it within a week (depending on customs clearing delays). With Amazon, the courier and all import duties are calculated and you simply pay a single amount on Amazon checkout that covers all expenses down the line.

The few items I have bought from China directly have all been via SAPO and I had to pay import duties at the post office before it was released to me.

Offline DACMan1

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2022, 03:05:48 PM »
From the shenzen audio site:
Other countries not listed above: 3 to 6 weeks from the date of shipping

That's going to be SAPO, I would rather pay the $191+$68 to Amazon directly and get it by 2 June.

Offline GradoMan

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2022, 03:40:50 PM »
Hifigo.com has it for $149 + $35 Express Shipping

I've bought plenty a gear from them over the last two years.  They usually ship via Fedex.

They have a cheaper Priority Shipping option with all taxes & duties paid at $27.00

I however always choose to pay custom duties & VAT myself (you'll have to provide Invoice to Fedex), rather than risking the seller under declaring value and you then being penalised for it.

Offline Raffs

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2022, 11:30:42 PM »
I bought an SMSL dac directly from Shenzhen Audio about 8 months ago , ask them about express shipping option with DHL . They even paid for 50% of it it was painless and took 5days to get here delivered to my door I just had to pay VAT about 300ZAR
Trust your senses !!

Offline Music_Lover

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2022, 07:31:07 AM »
I purchased a Topping E50 DAC from Shenzhen last December. I placed the order on the 14th, it was delivered to me on the morning of the 20th. It was free shipping via DHL. I paid R338 in duties/taxes.
I used the online chat facility on their site to confirm that the shipping would be done by a recognised courier service.

Offline jlaubza

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2022, 09:16:12 PM »
Thanks for the advice re using DHL couriers.