Author Topic: Rollerblocks - Unexplainable Impact?  (Read 323 times)

Offline Jozua_2019

Rollerblocks - Unexplainable Impact?
« on: May 13, 2022, 02:05:19 PM »
I have for the moment moved back to solid state. As a temporary system I hooked up a Quad 34 and a DIY Pass F5 with ancient Vd Hul "The First" interconnects.

I know the Quad 34 is musical but in my experience not the ultimate when it comes to resolution. The F5 I have always liked. It holds itself very well against my 100 watt valve amp - the F5 maybe just lacking in a bit of midrange body and extreme low end grunt compared to the valve amp.

Just for fun I placed the Quad 34 on Series 2 Rollerblocks - not expecting much as the pre has puny transformer and is most likely vibration free?

All I can say is "WOW" I am hearing detail not heard before. The sound value it offers compared to my main system is stupendous.  The valves still have the edge providing a much higher emotional engagement with the music but this is solid state hifi at it's best. 

The logic why the rollerblocks made such a difference defies me ?

« Last Edit: May 13, 2022, 02:10:06 PM by Jozua_2019 »

Offline udwadia

Re: Rollerblocks - Unexplainable Impact?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2022, 11:21:31 PM »
Symposium Rollerblocks minimise vibration.  Call it isolation.  These little fellas work in my system too.

Offline christowp

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2022, 04:15:27 PM »
Sounds like an interesting upgrade. How about some pics. Show the item and where it needs to go or where you put it. Thanks for sharing

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+182)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Condition your mains to condition your ears
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2022, 04:34:06 PM »
I thought a squash ball, cut in half, would suffice at a lesser price

Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline Moonraker

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2022, 12:41:40 PM »

Next, you should mount your listening chair on rollerblocks   and suspend the amplifier from a helium balloon and try that.
Tube amplifiers are expensive doorstops.
Record cartridges are expensive paperweights.

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+182)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Condition your mains to condition your ears
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2022, 05:38:59 PM »
I also spotted one gent who mentioned he has audio foam under a granite slab upon which is a sub-woofer

My floor is 32mm teak parquet on a concrete base, some 75 years old.   I would have thought this solid enough.  I did acquire (free of charge) a block of dressed granite and wonder if some foam would offer an improvement

The combo (sub and slab) is very heavy (over 60kg) so anything under gets squeezed quite a bit
Music is the shorthand of emotion