Turntable resale value?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irengineer

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I have a Rega turntable I'm thinking of selling, but have no idea as to fair value.

The table is a Rega P3, but instead of the regular RB300 arm, this one is fitted with an Origin Live arm, based of the Rega RB250. I bought the table from a forumite that used the RB300 arm on another project, and a RB250 was fitted. After buying the table, I discovered via Hi-Phibian that the horizontal bearings on the fitted RB250 was stuffed. I then bought the Origin Live arm from Fdlsys (he literally took the arm out of a sealed box). This has an Origin rewire with separate ground, better leads and a counterweight with a metal end stub. The table motor was serviced and found to be in good order by Hi-Phibian.

The table has a machined metal sub platter as well as a machined motor pulley. This is instead of the standard plastic items. The drive belt is an Edwards Audio Blue Belter (I have at least one more sealed). It is fitted with a cross brace between the bearing and tonearm, like on newer Regas. The glass platter has been replaced with an Edwards Audio acrylic platter with a cork mat. The bearing ball is ceramic and the table sits on Michael Lim feet, to raise it a bit higher to ease the tonearm cable routing. It uses the standard Rega rubber feet into machined metal parts.

It is currently fitted with a Benz Micro ACE SM medium output moving coil cartridge (bought from Fdlsys). I also have an Audio-Technica AT-120eb moving magnet cartridge that I'll include with the table. I'll sell the Benz cartridge separate.

After Ghostinthemachine completed by mega Lenco build, this table is going unused. I use it occasionally to make sure it is kept in good running condition, but maybe only one or twice a month.

The lid is the original smoked Rega unit. It has some age related surface marks, but no cracks or gauges.

Anybody have an idea of value? I'll advertise it here on the forum, or maybe sell it to a mate who wants a turntable. Just want to make sure I am realistic with my price.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts