LG OLED 77" G1 - I might have wasted money today

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

play_some_rock

Reaction score
Hi all, new old member here.

I think I am going to regret posting this as this might just cause me further regret. I bought a LG OLED G1 77" in 2022, I absolutely am in love with this TV. The thing that bothered me from the day I bought it was that the TV does not come with a stand.

Now for most people this is probably not a big deal, they come and install it at your home at no extra cost and very professional service from the team, they even did a 'hang test' where they literally hang on the TV mount to test if it is secured. :D However, here is my concern, having a TV mounted is great for my current living arrangements as I own the house I live in, the issue is once I decide to move and end up renting somewhere where they might not be too keen on having a TV mounted.

This would then leave me with very little options since the TV do not come with a stand.

I have therefore purchased a LG TV Stand today from the store I bought the TV, they will order the part from LG (Globally), no stock in SA.

The stand is not built/meant for the LG OLED G1, it is a 'compatible' stand that can work on this TV model.

The price I guess is the not-so-nice part of this, I paid R5,800 to get it ordered and shipped here. It will take about six weeks to arrive.

Similar but not exact product:

LG GX OLED 77 inch TV Stand Mount

On a lighter note, this TV still made the 'mybroadband' list of best TVs which was posted a day ago, therefore I feel the investment was hopefully worth it.

mybroadband

If anyone has any other suggestions, I guess I can always try and cancel the order. Feel free to share your thoughts.

Latest posts