DM600's are here!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kay

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Got my B&W DM600 S3 surrounds yesterday - very exciting but I don't have speaker wire, nor stands, nor a source for them so they'll be standing for a while :)

I need to buy some speaker wire this weekend and decide on the material for the stands - I'll be making some myself, I've decided, rather than mounting them to the wall. They will be too far up above the couch if I mounted them that way.

I hooked up one of them as a centre speaker and watched a couple of Lost episodes last night using ProLogic - integration with the main speakers is perfect, I couldn't pinpoint any of them, very smooth staging. I also played a bit of Ms. Krall over the 600's alone - they're ok, very detailed sounding but midbass is nowhere near as sweet as their big brothers' and bass is notable by its absense. Of course that's not what they're meant for.

I'm getting the urge to go buy any old DVD player on special, just to get Dolby Digital and DTS now... :D

PS. My TV is looking more and more mickey-mouse by the day. The DM600's, which are the smallest speaker in the 600 series, are about 2/3's of its height!!! :shock: