Crossover education

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalith

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Ola Peeps

I am extremelly interested in JimGore's open baffle speaker project.
I have wanted to go down the speaker building rabbit hole before and it was the biggest reason i didn't as i had no understanding on how to construct a cross over for a 3way speaker setup.

If possible i would like to follow the thought process undergone in the construction of the chosen open baffle speakers designs crossovers as to better educate\inform myself. I would also like to own and fiddle with a finished product to get practical knowledge on how caps \ resistors etc.. affect the cossover and then ultimately the speaker sound.

Something like the Loudspeaker Design Cookbook v7 is probably a good start but wouldn't it be super overkill\complicated ?
http://www.amazon.com/Loudspeaker-Design-Cookbook-Vance-Dickason/dp/1882580478/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1451921758&sr=1-1&keywords=loudspeaker+design+cookbook

There is a considerable amount of info on the web and i am hoping someone has found the idiots guide to crossovers that really dumbs it down and wants to share. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated  :drool: