Bass gurus - help me out... setup & 3 subs on 2 outputs?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyBawb

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
For starters, my setup is currently laid out like this (pardon the potato quality pic):

SCM8 surrounds are directly to my side, and the rear surrounds are about 5M back.

2x ASW 750 B&W's are set up as per the pic - but I have been offered a 3rd one by a mate of mine, which I'm tempted to get.

My AV Processor only has 2x subwoofer outputs, and Audyssey XT32 calibration is done on a baseline 75dB volume that you manually set the sub to before commencing.

The ASW 750 has link in-and-outputs on the back to daisy-chain them, so that's not an issue... but the following questions arise:

1) Should I move the existing two subs closer to the corners, IE - outside of the mains, as opposed to between them and the AV stand?
2) Would a 3rd sub be beneficial? Or should I ideally have 4?
3) If so, where would I place it? Somewhere around the seating position perhaps?
4) What do I do about only having 2 outputs? Dial down the linked pair of subs so together they clock in at 75dB for Audyssey calibration?
and 5) Given that Audyssey caters for distance-related time delay, I'm assuming I would need to link the front two subs (being pretty much an equal distance from the seating position) and then use the second Processor output for the sub placed somewhere in the room?

Thanks in advance folks.

Latest posts