Garrard AP 76 - A great afternoon going retro with the black discs... Awsome.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alternativeroute

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Peter from the forum passed along a Garrard AP 76 my way... I wanted to first see how she runs and then get it working to shift her on to a new home (the turntable not the wife)... Anyway. No go. All sorts of wiring problems... Sorted those out and got the turntable spinning today...

Now I have my normal rig (which I did not want to move as the turntable weights 25Kg's) so I had to setup a second rig in the lounge (promised the better half that it is a tempory measure  ;) )... So I pushed into service my Fostex BLH and a vintage Rotel on loan from Peter...  

What a great sound... Perfect little setup for the atfternoon.

Garrard AP 76 + Fostex FE166e BLH + Rotel RX202 - MkII by arclients, on Flickr

Rotel RX202 - MkII by arclients, on Flickr

Garrard AP 76 by arclients, on Flickr

Garrard AP 76 - Tonearm by arclients, on Flickr

Garrard AP 76 - Switches by arclients, on Flickr

Garrard AP 76 - spinning a tune by arclients, on Flickr

The only problem is that the auto return function on the arm is faulty. It lifts the arm, returns it to the rest but instead of lowering the arm and switching off the motor it returns to the begining of the record and starts again...

Anyone have any ideas?

* The Rotel/Fostex combo is a pretty damn sweet combo as I have them setup (just about nearfield)... The Rotel does have some old age issues (scratchy volume and a scary thud and instability (think wildly pumping woofer) at switch on). But once stable and the volume is set those 18 watts of power per channel are excellent!!!!

Latest posts