Wiring up a Mission 767 clone

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Supergrand

AVForums Super Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
Recently acquired these.

212776d1377256322-hvor-ble-det-av-mission-mission7.jpg

Mine are not as pretty (unfinished boxes) but they are good supawood cabinets built to withstand nuclear war  :eek:

When I opened them up I found a two way Mission 765 crossover network, wired with the two bass drivers in parallel. The two midrange units were not connected. I got the proper 767 crossovers too.

IMG-20140113-01009.jpg

The 767 crossover came like this with wires soldered. Two leads for bass units - these are straight through because the 767 is supposed to be used with its own bass amp/equaliser, the "Low Frequency Alignment Unit" (LFAU). One lead for the HF unit - fine. But one lead for the two midrange units :thinking: I couldn't find out from my googlings whether the midrange units are wired in series or parallel. In parallel this presents a hefty load - 3.8ohm nominal. Should I try both series and parallel connections? I have a work around for the LFAU so the bass units are powered by a separate amp. A clue may be that the crossover panel states that the combined nominal impedance of MR and HF is 8ohms. All advice welcome!

Latest posts