Portable DAC/DAP suggestions

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolvebain

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm looking at purchasing either a DAP with balanced out, or a portable DAC [USB with built-in battery] to pair with my phone.

I can get a GeekOut V2+ Infinity for ~USD.345.oo... I have the the non-infinity version with I use at the office & when roaming with my notebook... pairs well with my SHR1540 & SE846.
Thinking that I can get the GeekOut V2+ Infinity, pair it with my Android phone when I'm on the go, and also use it as a replacement of my existing non-infinity version... Bonus is that I can use my existing 3.5mm balanced TRRS cables.

I can also source a Onkyo DA-X1A (64GB version, not 32GB), with offers balanced outputs, for ~USD.610.oo
This would allow me to use 2x 200GB microSD cards that I have in tandem, along with the built-in 64GB device storage (464GB)..
However, the I can't use the DAP as a USB DAC on a Laptop/Desktop... which is a huge negative for me...

There is Fiio X7 with the AM3 addon module as well, but unsure of the battery life with the the AM3 running balanced.

Suggestions and recommendations are welcomed!