Author Topic: International Courier/ Freight advice needed. (Cape Town -> Zürich, Switzerland)  (Read 141 times)

Offline Adagio

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • "Keep your coins, I want Change"

Hi Folks.

Hopefully somebody with export/courier experience is able to advise over here:

Have a Czechoslovakian friend in Zürich who imports various products (mainly furniture) into Zürich mainly for the strong Czech market presence over there.

He is exhibiting at a Trade Show in February and has had a single chair (Kartonbox, Masse: 60cmx38cmx66cm & circa 8kg) manufactured here in Cape Town that he would like to display to gauge market interest.

The chair missed it's original flight back to Zürich with his colleague, & has requested my assistance to get the prototype chair back to him in time for the Trade Show.

Would DHL be the best option, - or what could you gentlemen in the know further kindly advise?  :nfi:

Offline Kent Kassler

• The Undertaker
  • Trader
  • Trade Count: (+53)
  • Spendor s100
Chris.....I have sent two items,one to Australia and another to London....both arrived faster than a Cape Town to Jhb economy parcel....and the rates were the cheapest I could find as a bonus as well....get hold of X International Couriers in Paarden Eiland.They were superb.
Audiophile Sound Sommelier Extraordinaire....aka Manic Depressive Temporary Void Filler Deluxe.

Offline skollie

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • AVForums Veteran
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth
    • Blue Angel
Otherwise EMS (SAPO)

I've used them many times always without problems but their tracking is a bit dicey.

skollie
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx

Offline Adagio

• AVForums Veteran
Chris.....I have sent two items,one to Australia and another to London....both arrived faster than a Cape Town to Jhb economy parcel....and the rates were the cheapest I could find as a bonus as well....get hold of X International Couriers in Paarden Eiland.They were superb.

Sounds very good Andre', - & will definitely look into this option. >> :2thumbs:

Many, many thanks.  :)

Offline Adagio

• AVForums Veteran
Still very pricey:

New quote comes to R8611.50 excluding any customs, VAT and duties. (old quote came in @ R14500 before re-packaging into new 'L-shape' to save space.)

Still looking. >>  :-\