Author Topic: Solid state replacement for valve rectifiers.  (Read 225 times)

Offline kubusi

  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Member
  • **
  • Posts: 91
Solid state replacement for valve rectifiers.
« on: January 11, 2017, 02:15:15 PM »
I have available a few NIB plug in solid state rectifiers for those members experimenting with the difference between a valve rectifier and solid state replacement without having to go to changing the wiring in the power supply of the amplifier
The unit looks just like a metal 6J5 valve and replaces the rectifiers listed below:-
5AR4, 5AS4, 5AS4A, 5AT4, 5AU4, 5AW4, 5AX4, 5AZ4, 5CG4, 5T4, 5U4G, 5U4GB, 5V3, 5V3A, 5V4G, 5V4GA, 5W4, 5W4GT, 5Y3G, 5Y3GT, 5Z4, 5Z4GT, GZ30, GZ31, GZ32, GZ34, U50, U51, U52, 6087 and 6106.
Just pull out the rectifier valve and plug one of these in. The device is numbered SST-100 and the manufacturer is International Components Corporation in the USA.
The price is R225.00 each and I have 4 of them.
Location East London.
As already stated all are new and boxed
Can be collected from me or they can be sent via PostNet.

Just by replacing the valve by a solid state rectifier it must be realised that the voltage will be higher due to the lower drop across the rectifier and a full higher voltage will be applied immediately to the valve plates before they have heated up. On the positive side you will never have to replace the rectifier as would be case with a valve. Also there will be a lower load on your power transformer as the current used by valve rectifier will fall away.
The need for excercise is a modern superstition, invented by people who ate too much, and had nothing to think about. Athletics don't make anybody either long-lived or useful.

George Santayana