Sansui AU 70

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kubusi

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Have just been donated a Sansui AU 70 amplifier, had not come across this particular model previously. This all came about as a friend brought it to me to look at as I have repaired equipment for him previously.
After spending some time checking it out, transformers all perfect etc but then established a full recap job is required and lastly the four 7189 output v6alves were missing. After giving the owner a guess as to how much the parts alone would come to as well as locating the rather rare 7189 (premium version of the good old EL84) would come to, decided not to proceed with restoration and I could keep it for my trouble and time spent. One control knob is missing but that should not be that much of a problem

As luck would have it a few days later I went to my  box of EL84 valves to dig out replacements for another repair I was busy with  and find I have four brand new boxed 7189 valves.
At the present time I will put it aside and decide later if I will restore or dispose it.

Has anyone out there have had much experience with this particular amplifier?

Latest posts