Newbie questions

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audiomad

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Ok so please don't laugh  :-[ I am just starting out.

So I bought a Yamaha RX-v765 http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/productdetail.html?CNTID=5028422 and now it's sitting at home doing nothing  :-[ :-[. The main reason I got it is it does 2 zones at the same time and I am getting roof speakers installed on Monday into my room.... so I needed something to be able to do 2 Zone's.

My setup:
x1 PS3
x2 Xbox 360
x1 WII
x1 Samsung home theater thingie (its that cool looking one with the touch screen pannle and BT for iPod's etc) looked at the ratting and the speakers and sub are only 3 Ohm, the Yamaha's manual says it requires 8 ohm speakers so I am way to scared to plug it into the amp  :-[
x1 DSTV HD PVR
x1 DSTV 1110 for Xtraview
x1 Med8er
x1 Mica special Elies switch thing that allows me to plug in all my devices to Red Yellow White or Composite and one composite out \
x1 OLD Samsung Plasma 1080i and has no HDMI ports just RYW and Composite.

So I know nothing about high end sound (not saying my amp is high end...) but I really don't want studio quality sound (stay in a complex and body corp rules are REALLY strict about high volume sound.

So I need your guys advice if you don't mind. I want to buy a set of speakers 5.1 or even 7.2 (that's what this amp supports) that will do the amp justice but wont do my pocket a bending over.

Could anyone suggest some speakers / makes I can have a look at and maybe ball park pricing around them? I have a good connection with Jamo (I think that's what its called) 1.5m fronts brand new for R5000k but I am not sure if its against the audio bible to "mix" makes when setting up a system.

I would really appreciate some help and guidance here if you don't mind....

Latest posts