DIY/Afordable high resolution audio

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Percy

Reaction score
Hi,

I am new to the forum - Therefore appologies if you've seen this before! I would like to share a few idea's with you that will enable you to enjoy high-resolution audio at home with the minimum of expense.

Requirements:
DVD-AUDIO / SACD Universal Player - These players are actually quite cheap lately. I bought my Pioneer Universal Player around three years ago for R1500.00. The new Oppo Universal players are probably a good affordable starting point.
DVD-AUDIO Authoring software i.e DVD-Audio Solo or diskWelder (Price range $40 to $ 100 US)

When the above-mentioned is in place visit your favourite high-resolution audio sites like Linn,iTrax and hdTrax and purchase your album / track from a huge selection of top-notch artist. These are available in 24bit/96kHz and/or 24bit/192kHz  (and even D TS,Dolby Digital etc)and are mainly studio masters.

Utilising the DVD-Authoring software you now can create your very own legal DVD-AUDIO disk that will absolutely amaze you ito resolution, clarity and transparency. Your music will now be at the very same level as the best Blu-Ray audio releases, yet you don't have to fork out huge money ito blu-ray players and preamp/processors to enjoy the benefit right now.

In addition the same technique can be used to "back-up" those precious but ageing vinyl collections, it actually quite amazing to hear recoded vinyl at 24bit/192kHz you can say it's the best of both worlds...

Thx,

Percy

Latest posts