Spawn of Micro Seiki

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colonel66

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Ever since I acquired a Micro Seiki BL91 from Alty I have developed a fetish for the tables. Each to their own but IMO it was way better than my fully modded LP12 (at a fifth of the price). Pure beauty. With a FXR II arm and Koetsu cart - I was in music heaven

So long have I lusted over the bigger seiki's but the prices they go for are, well long dollars. talk about a cult thing

But fear not Micro Seiki is reincarnated and its new being is TW Acustic -  http://www.tw-acustic.de/en/.

So I got a lead from Cape Town's leading hifi smous about a TW Acustic Raven AC. Price was good - pulled the trigger. Practically fully funded with the sale of my beloved Pathos TT (enjoy it Jessejon)

Delivered today - man its a beast - two wooden crates:
Raven%20Boxed_zpsp8qrhlnf.jpg

Unpacked from the crates  drooling over the bits and pieces. The engineering is insane - the stuff is heavy. See what I mean 'bout the new micro seiki
Raven%20Pieces_zps6mobpl6c.jpg

On the wall shelf - sans arm
Raven%20Semi_zpshy8u1dme.jpg

Up and running - need to get the arm board drilled for my arm - so a loaner for now
Raven%20Spinning%201_zpsb8ihfpwt.jpg

A thing of beauty
Raven%20Spinning%202_zpscr5obb8w.jpg

Yip I have reached the pinnacle of where I want to go
Raven%20Spinning%203_zpshmrdvczb.jpg

When the arm board is ready - a proper installation will be done - levelling the table and motor

Latest posts