Lenco L75 - V Blocks and counter-weight stub

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredeb

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I've just acquired a Lenco L75 and the tonearm seems quite wonky . I managed to lift the chrome top and lift the arm in order to view the " v-blocks " . They are present , but are perished . I had to vacuum a piece out that had fallen into the stem that houses the horizontal bearing . I looked on Ebay and found that William Thakker sells decent looking v-blocks for R250 , I'm probably  looking at R350 after VAT and duties . This makes me think that manufacturing my own v-blocks is probably worth the effort , looks simple enough . I'd probably just use wood , or plastic - maybe ABS or Nylon . I saw some brass versions on ebay , but this seems like a bad idea . In the case of the SME 3009 brass or metal seems like a good idea as the SME knife-edge has a knife edge , in the case of the Lenco it's just a round shaft .  :cr@p:-y idea if you asked me .

Thoughts ?

Next up is the counter-weight stub . Also wonky and dangling . I looked at the Lenco Heaven , Vinyl Engine and Art of Sound forums and the advice is dental floss or plumbers tape wound tightly between the arm tube and stub with a spot of superglue . A solution not worth considering in my opinion .

Again ... your thoughts please .

ATM I have the counterweight swung towards the inside so as to level the headshell , uni-pivot style . I've removed all anti-skate bits as there appears to be enough antiskate as is .

This must seriously be one of the worst tonearms I've ever come across . But I felt like checking it out , having never owned one .

Latest posts