Hi all, newbie here. :)

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byproduct

Reaction score
Hi all,

I figure it's time for me to stop 'lurking' and finally post. The name is Roger, and I've officially ventured into the AV world!

Goneten provided me with a deal that I could not refuse, and I am now the proud owner of a Denon 1610 and a B&W 685 theatre package. Entry level stuff I know, but I'm only 23 so had to go with the budget.

I'm a full on console gamer, so going from the sound from my Samsung R8, to a full on proper 5.1 setup totally blew my mind! Games and Blu Rays sound absolutely amazing!

Playing Modern Warfare 2 with the sound cranked up is INSANE! I now need to go back and re-play Dead Space with surround sound.

A special word of thanks must go out to goneten. He was _VERY_ patient, and answered any questions I had. I also had him on his toes, with multiple quote requests, as well as speaker package recommendations. He also through in free cabling for all of the speakers, just to keep me calm. Why does keeping me calm have to do with anything? Check this out...

So after much thought, instead of upgrading in stages, I figure I might as well go for the full setup and get the 'discount.' The order was placed, and goneten said I would get my goods in a weeks time. Just before the week was up, I emailed goneten to see if everything was still A-OK, and when goneten contacted the supplier, the supplier had not received any order?!

So obviously this got me pretty upset, but I'm a patient guy, so I figured I'd wait another few  days, it couldn't hurt, right? WRONG. A few days later, I get a call directly from the company who distributes the B&W goods, to say that DHL managed to get the entire speaker system soaked?! Yes people, soaked! HTF does that happen? The kicker here? The lady saying,"I don't want to send the goods to you in that condition." No shit sherlock, I wouldn't have accepted it! Turns out she had phoned goneten, and obviously he was like WTF, so he said she must phone me as well. Directly after that phonecall, goneten calls, apologises profusely, and says he will understand if I want a full refund. At this point, I really did want to cancel, but I figured, one last try won't hurt. A deadline was given, and if the goods weren't down in 3 days, the deal was off.

I was promised super fast delivery, and in 2 days I had my system, and goneten personally came over and installed and calibrated everything! Now thats customer service!

I really take my hat off to goneten and the people at Smart Lifestyle. They were super patient, and went out of their way to accomodate a really irate customer!

Pics of the setup to follow. :D

Latest posts