Guidelines for this forum

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FWP

Reaction score
Guidelines for this forum

We can?t comment on this particular post therefore the ?new? one.
I have read your guidelines and most makes sense. One statement that I do have a problem with, have had this problem for years now, is the fact that when we give AVSA feedback on what we would like to see, like comparative reviews, we get all sorts of replies with the most common one being that you aren?t able to have the equipment at the same time to compare.
Andrew answered the request truthfully for the first time with his statement he made!

?But please understand that there are limitations to what we can discuss here. It is not our choice, but dictated by virtue of the fact that we are, at the end of the day, a business, and so cannot acknowledge or claim to have preferences in personal taste of one product over another, without losing our credibility as an impartial reviewer of equipment.?

Now the question is who is AVSA catering for? The advertiser or the reader? Or it seems you want your bread buttered on both sides.
From Andrew?s statement we can be sure of one thing and that is that we will never get comparative reviews. You will loose your credibility as an impartial reviewer!
It would have been nice if years ago someone in AVSA?s organisation had the backbone to have answered the numerous requests truthfully!
The sad part is that AVSA will remain a magazine full of advertisements and every review needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. You don?t dare saying anything negative as you might just loose the business from that particular distributor. This is a very sad scenario for all the loyal readers.
Thank you Andrew for clarifying your stance on the ?reviews?. All for the sake of ?impartiality?. Please don?t try and convince me that this opinion is only true for the forum as in many years now you have not been able to publish even one comparative review. Not one of your reviews has been negative. It is not possible for any manufacturer to continuously provide us with flawless products.
Read ?What Hi-Fi? for confirmation of my statement.

Latest posts