Classifieds

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stefan

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Hi,

reading through the classifieds section the other day, a certain member complained about locations of the sellers not being available. And as everyone probably knows, he further acted a bit like a douchebag, by insulting the comunity that a certain meastro amp doesn't have a target market here, drawing the conclusion everyone else is too poor, I guess.
Anyways, I gave it some thought, and he did have some merit. . .the way I found this site was through a google search a few years ago. I haven't registered until recently, and also haven't been very active either. (for lack of techinal knowlegde and not being able to really constructively contribute to this site-yeh, im the kid who is watching the others play now).
Point is, im not the only one(and don't know any member personally), and if one would go and compare this site's classifieds section to gumtree for instance, one would notice that some ads actually recieve more visits in the first day on this forum than one's entire lifespan on gumtree. I notice the average ad, with no replies, recieve around 100 visits. Ads I placed on gumtree, probably got around 50.
So, mr. 'Who said you'll never get it sold on this site', didn't do the math, and his wise-ass coments only made him look stupid. Not trying to diss him without being able to defend himself, but that's his problem.
The other thing of note, advertising anything on other sites, such as gumtree, one can't help notice that a lot of people who buy there, are only looking for bargains, only want to bargain with you, and mostly are not willing to purchase anything above R5k.
So, to conclude, a R20k amp would have the biggest target market on this site, and AVSA classads of course, even though it doesn't have a big target market.
Anyway, a location is also pretty useless then, seeing that the curse this hobby places on one, if the seller is located on the other side of the country, one would not necessarily be inhibited from the purchase anyway. If the itch is there, it has to be scrathed, right?

Hope I made my point after all this typing!
happy listening.

Latest posts