Infinity Dynamic 6.5" Kevlar 150W Speaker TS Specs

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decibel

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi, a while back I have purchased a pair of Infinity Dynamic 6.5" Kevlar 150W Speakers from PQSound, as well as a pair of 60W 25mm Silk Dome Tweeters.

These have no TS specs from the manufacturer and I had to use Speaker Workshop to generate them. I thought it useful to post these here for those that do not have the means to test drivers, but want to use these in a build. I have used Speaker Workshop quite successfully to test parameters and build speakers, so these should be fairly accurate specs.

Infinity Dynamic 6.5" Kevlar 150W Mid/Bass Driver:

Fs: 57.76 Hz
Vas: 10.89 liters
Qts: 0.543
Qms: 4.506
Qes: 0.618
Le: 0.657 mH
L1: 1.140 mH
R1: 15.980 Ohms
Re: 7.6 Ohms
Sd**2: 132 sq cm

I have not done a freq response test or determined optimal crossover freq for this driver yet.

------

PQSound 60W 25mm Silk Dome Tweeter:

Fs: 942 Hz
Re: 8.966 Ohms

On-Axis Freq Response:

PQSound60W25mmSilkDomeTweeterFR.jpg

From this we can see that the claimed freq response of 1.5 to 20 kHz is quite accurate if my measurements is anything to go by.

I have tried a crossover freq of 3500Hz for this tweeter, but it is not very happy there. 2500Hz will probably be better, or maybe even higher at 4000Hz?! This tweeter has the tendency to sound a bit harsh and tinny, but by replacing the foam under the silk dome with wool felt and a felt ring under the clip-out faceplate piece can help to get rid of some of this.

I hope there are some of you that will find this info useful. Enjoy!