Painting the Micro MR-711

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi

Here's the 'trailer' in the meantime. I knew what I was 'in' for but this one's the last....I sw**r on a six pack ;D

As you can see, the undercoat is on. I started around 2.00pm with the stripping and masking and once this was done, I took the ladies for a quick airing along the Muizenberg/St James walkway.

All went OK until now but at a critical moment, a neighbour sneaked up behind me, his black labrador lifted it's leg in my workshop entrance and caused me to snap a plastic insulating screw which I will now have to make a replacement for.

And yes, there are a few cuts and a minor stabbing with a piece of wire in my hands :-[

I'm not sure if this question is answerable but I please need some risk assessment. On one of the pics, you will see I made a tight fitting cover to mask the spindle and protect the motor against paint overspray.

I'm using an airbrush and the blue paint and its clearcoat will be very lightly applied. Painting there with protective masking is going to be very awkward. Do you think I can take a chance and apply light coats of undercoat, blue paint and clearcoat without causing harm to the motor? My thoughts are 'Don't take the chance' and visually, under the area under platter will still have the old colour.

Difficult one. What do you think? Obviously, if things go wrong, it will my problem.

mafioso

Attachments

• IMG_0007.JPG
    IMG_0007.JPG
    116.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0009.JPG
    IMG_0009.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0018.JPG